Author Topic: NUB default resistance?  (Read 1593 times)

Offline korupted2008

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
NUB default resistance?
« on: August 15, 2008, 10:33:58 PM »
hello all im new here to acidmods, I decided to join the community because i highly enjoy screwing things up  :huh: . Seriously though I like the work i see here and want to do some of the things to my psp. I sort of messed mine up already but i feel i can fix it. The mainboard where the nub contacts to has 4 metal squares they are pretty small, Well i removed mine :P and now i have a great place to solder to.

The problem:

Once i remove the contact squares the psp game always pulls down and im not sure if its measured in resistance. I took two screw drivers and touched them to the bottom two squares and the charecter moves forward. So im thinking its measured in resistance if this is the case will soldering  a analog to it fix the problem?

Sorry one more thing does acid mods have a irc channel?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 10:41:36 PM by korupted2008 »

Offline gr8npwrfl

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Ignorance is not fatal it can be cured
Re: NUB default resistance?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 10:56:28 PM »
The PSP joystick is spring centered.

That makes the resistance half of the total value in the middle.

So when you remove the joystick, the resistance goes to zero. The PSP thinks then you
are pushing the joystick down and right. (this is the location that the vertical and horizontal
joystick potentiometers read zero ohms)

You can solder from the joystick to the pads that are left so you have a connection.
Then the PSP won't get zero ohms and think you are moving the joystick.

Offline korupted2008

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 11:07:48 PM »
wow, gr8npowerful him self i really enjoy your multi post reading on eternal hd. I have followed you for a minute now and to get a reply form you first is pretty awsome. Thank you for your input very very helpful :)

Have you figured out a way for the internal hd? i know you got asked that alot. I already have my umd removed and ready to go for some mass storage once again thank you.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 11:10:19 PM »
wow, gr8npowerful him self i really enjoy your multi post reading on eternal hd. I have followed you for a minute now and to get a reply form you first is pretty awsome. Thank you for your input very very helpful :)

Have you figured out a way for the internal hd? i know you got asked that alot. I already have my umd removed and ready to go for some mass storage once again thank you.
...if you've been following him, you'd know there's pretty much no way to EVER get that internal, the thing is almost the size of a psp itself.

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 12:15:52 AM »
he's talking about when he gets the xm4 board working

Offline korupted2008

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 12:33:13 AM »
Alright well cant blame me for asking, Couple other questions

do i have solder the analog to the chip in the middle or can i run a direct connect from the analog points them self?

Here is what i did to my psp the nub connector

sense i have decided to do the ps2 /ps1 controller mod i figured ill never use the psp joysticks again.

oh another thing will this work?

wil wire positive and negative to the psp battery board. I want to place them behind the controller some time later but i am running through ideas right now. My math if i am correct for the psp gaming time on the 5000 mah should be Time= Size of battery in mah % Current draw from psp.   So time= 5000mah % 300 mah, The psp varies on current draw so i figured 300 mah is good i dont use the umd. I figure the aprox gaming time on the 5000 mah is about 16hrs?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 12:50:27 AM by korupted2008 »

Offline korupted2008

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 01:22:53 AM »
i actually heated up the contacts a bit then gently removed them the cleaned it up abit so i could see the pads better what kind of side effects might i see on the battery thing?

Offline korupted2008

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2008, 01:40:22 AM »
there were 4 contacts that were square, above that would have been a rectangle plastic connector and the the nub goes above it. I heated up the 4 contacts and took them off. The board still works i tested them with 2 screw drivers touching the two bottom contacts makes the charecter move forward ;)

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2008, 04:20:44 AM »
Well the side effects would have been blowing it up, but since that hasn't happened i would say you are okay.
Underneath the gold contacts there should be two, rectangular small silver pads, there shouldn't be copper. So did you scratch off the soldermask? have you tested and confirmed that those points work?. I could be wrong about this, but isn't that the second layer on the psp motherboard - where you appear to have scratched off, a ground plane?
nope,i did it on my psp too,it works perfect
Derp.

Offline gr8npwrfl

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Ignorance is not fatal it can be cured
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2008, 08:20:26 AM »
Also the way you have the batteries wired is only going to give you 1.5 volts

Offline korupted2008

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 05:08:45 PM »
thanks everyone for the input didnt mean not to say thank you just alot of things running through my mind  :yess:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal