Author Topic: Uh Oh  (Read 2757 times)

Offline pinoyballa

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
Uh Oh
« on: August 16, 2008, 10:37:55 AM »
Well according to QJ, they just found out how to run PS3 backups. This can be pretty bad, seeing how the PSP turned out with the piracy situation.

http://www.qj.net/PlayStation-3-backups-running-says-Alek-Mathieulh/pg/49/aid/123188

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: Uh Oh
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 10:43:10 AM »
Oh boy. Sony's gonna flip over this one. It was just a matter of time though, it's been done to everything, somehow, some way, it's bound to happen.

Sony's gonna :censored: themselves though.

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 01:41:18 PM »
Not really, there is no way this is undetectable, and will be patched.
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

Offline wtfisausername

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 01:03:11 AM »
wow, about time ps3 got hacked...but yea it would probably be patched with a firmware update. PSP was crazy every 3rd person i see has cfw n running iso. before cfw on psp iso loading n things were quite buggy and sucked n team m33 r like the only ppl that knows sony's firmware inside out... ps3 games are also huge...u would need a big hard drive, blank disk are expensive, n downloading these games would take a while. privacy would prob not be as big as psp, n prob the 360. pretty interesting though...going to read the article
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 01:12:21 AM by wtfisausername »

Offline ProperBritish

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Raining Blood! From A Lacerated Sky!
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 07:52:09 AM »
wow, about time ps3 got hacked...but yea it would probably be patched with a firmware update. PSP was crazy every 3rd person i see has cfw n running iso. before cfw on psp iso loading n things were quite buggy and sucked n team m33 r like the only ppl that knows sony's firmware inside out... ps3 games are also huge...u would need a big hard drive, blank disk are expensive, n downloading these games would take a while. privacy would prob not be as big as psp, n prob the 360. pretty interesting though...going to read the article

before CFW, you couldnt run ISOs from an MS. I dont think it was possible even with 1.50.

Also, if this gets very common, game prices may skyrocket.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 07:54:15 AM by ProperBritish »

Quote from: ≤Ʀαωгу≥
you know who i would bone? daffy duck

Offline pinoyballa

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 08:14:25 AM »
Basically, if everyone keeps pirating games the gaming industry will eventually fall apart if they're not making any money of the games they develop. But yeah, the PS3 hacking will become more sophisticated and harder for Sony to detect as time goes on.

Offline lilcrzytimmy

• ♥ Poker Champ ♠♣
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Owner of A Red Hottie
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 07:23:55 PM »
about time.  but still, i wouldnt do it.  25 to 50 gb is A LOT OF space.  backing that up into a computer is a LONG time, and blu ray is still expensive.  not worth it..to me.  one bluray disc is about 25 bucks at frys...
for those who download game (which should not be mention)  its still not worth taking the time to do it.  but i do look forward to homebrew and other extra goodies like region free movies.
Sonys: The Foreign 40gb Black* and the red hot slim soon the green slim.  Nintendo: The revolutional White.
Past: A whole mess of american PSP and eventually Japanese imports.

Materialistic, HELL YA. =D
*i just notice the ps3 was foreign, and i bought it in america. O.O

Offline DarkHawken

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 06:29:11 AM »
before CFW, you couldnt run ISOs from an MS. I dont think it was possible even with 1.50.
DevHook :D

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 09:46:09 AM »
DevHook :D
Spam :D

Personally, I don't think a viable option for ILLEGAL stuff will be out for some time. And Sony will patch it either way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal