Author Topic: Sigh  (Read 1412 times)

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
Sigh
« on: August 21, 2008, 05:18:00 PM »
hey guys im back, ive been away for awhile wit school and football starting up and all
but a few days ago i was playing my 360 and it froze (happens ocasialny, doesnt bother me) but when i turn it on again.. RROD!!
im like okay i will turn it off again... turn back on and still rrod
i decide to wait until morning to see if it cooled off or somthing.. still rrod!!!
thankfully i didnt smash it into a billion pecies out of rage (no offence ghost lol)
but this 360 has been fixed 2 times, once by me and once by the previous owner, im wondering since i already have the screws and stuff on that i can just re-aply the thermal paste, do you think that would work or should i get rid of it...
also, a friend of mine got rrod and he going to pay me to fix it ^.^ lol

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: Sigh
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 05:21:32 PM »
You can't just put crap on it and fix it, it all depends on why it got the RRoD. If it keeps happening, it's either a hardware fault or a crappy fix.

And yeah, point of advice, a lot of the times it freezes, it's RRoD. At least from what I've seen :taunt:

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 05:29:57 PM »
You can't just put crap on it and fix it, it all depends on why it got the RRoD. If it keeps happening, it's either a hardware fault or a crappy fix.

And yeah, point of advice, a lot of the times it freezes, it's RRoD. At least from what I've seen :taunt:

... lol crappy fix
i followed that video you put on one of mur posts, idk wut it was but ther was a girl who was doing the fixes
and i had all the screws, i put on artic silver 5...
wut do i do ...
i suppose this week i will put new paste on

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 05:38:17 PM »
First off, it wasn't my video, nor was it my thread or post.
Second, you don't read, do you? I said just putting it on again won't do anything. You can't just put more on and expect it to :censored:, er, fix itself. XD
Third, just buy a new screwed up 360 and fix it up. This one's obviously got some major problems if it keeps getting it.

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 10:09:20 PM »
OMG NIC0
I LOVE YOU
lolz
 (he told me how to fix my 360 in like an hour lol)

Offline bill16504

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 11:14:24 AM »
The penny fix is also quite popular. But like Psp said, it's really going to depend on what's causing the rrod. And whatever the problem is, there is no guaranteed fix. After awhile, some consoles just won't respond to any fixes. In fact, you're not really "fixing" the rrod. You're just "putting a band aid on it". The vast majority of consoles will fail again. It's just a matter of time.

But... it sounds like you got yours working, so that's nice to hear.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal