Author Topic: how easy is it to fix a RROD  (Read 2325 times)

Offline DubbleDutch

• BlietZ Modding
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0

how easy is it to fix a RROD
« on: August 19, 2008, 04:02:56 AM »
i found someone who is going to throw away his 360 because it has a rrod
how easy is it to fix ?

To all of you crying about lag and kicks, remember… when Jesus died, took him 3 days to respawn. Now THAT is lag.

Offline Winterz117

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: how easy is it to fix a RROD
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 07:03:17 AM »
ive never had to but there are kits that you can order all over the net.

Offline rulemob

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 10:13:40 AM »
Its Easy there are tutorials all over on how to fix you just find one that involves taking the x clamps off and replacing them with some nuts bolts and washers then over heat your mother board and your good to go. I used to buy them off ebay then fix and resell. now i buy them send them them in get fixed then resell them. Call m$ and check if its still in its 3 year warranty before you open it up you might get lucky.

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 04:48:24 AM »
Make your xbox sweat like make it get really hot

Offline DubbleDutch

• BlietZ Modding
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 01:04:01 PM »
how big is the chance to fix it ? because i really don't want to spent money on something that is unlikely to fix.

To all of you crying about lag and kicks, remember… when Jesus died, took him 3 days to respawn. Now THAT is lag.

Offline bill16504

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 03:56:28 PM »
Well, if he's just throwing it away, it's worth a few bucks in parts to give it a try. There's a bunch of vids on YouTube. Team Xecuter sells an rrod kit which adds support to the ram underneath the mobo. But, quite often doing the penny fix will accomplish the same results.

Just remember, with any of the fixes, you're only "putting a bandaid" on the 360. You're not really fixing it. Sooner or later it is highly likely to get the rrod again.

Offline Blacknight94

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 10:12:17 PM »
Well, if he's just throwing it away, it's worth a few bucks in parts to give it a try. There's a bunch of vids on YouTube. Team Xecuter sells an rrod kit which adds support to the ram underneath the mobo. But, quite often doing the penny fix will accomplish the same results.

Just remember, with any of the fixes, you're only "putting a bandaid" on the 360. You're not really fixing it. Sooner or later it is highly likely to get the rrod again.

Not true... pretty positive that this will fix it permanantly... that includes everything you need and they even have a tut on the site of how to fix it.

Also which player leds are lit up as the RROD? Is it 1,3, and 4?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 10:14:21 PM by Blacknight94 »

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 06:38:05 PM »
um i fixed mine and idk if it realy changes anything but im 12 and it took me about an half hour to an hour, fairly easy, it was my 1st time opening a xbox and all the parts i need only cost like 10 bux
if hes going to throw it away have him send it to me :D lol
but yea if u have a general knopwalage of electronics and how to take care of them i would go for it and fix it, but if ther is a warrenty send it to M$

Offline bill16504

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 09:07:02 AM »
Not true... pretty positive that this will fix it permanantly

Fix it; yes. Permanently; no. Not for most. There are countless posts in countless forums where people have done the x clamp fix only to have their 360 get the rrod again at a later date.

There's always a chance that someone will apply the x clamp fix and their 360 will go on to function properly through out the rest of its lifespan. But for someone to attempt an rrod repair with the mentality that it will be permanently fixed; well, they're only setting them self up to be frustrated and disappointed later.

Offline hackeruk

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 05:27:02 PM »
i done xclamp to mine after a rrod and it works fine

Offline bill16504

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 06:29:40 PM »
It's not a matter of whether it works or not. It's a matter of how long an x clamp fix will allow a 360 to keep working. Like I said in the other post; it's by no means a permanent fix.

Offline Blacknight94

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2008, 09:12:00 AM »
It's not a matter of whether it works or not. It's a matter of how long an x clamp fix will allow a 360 to keep working. Like I said in the other post; it's by no means a permanent fix.

But, it CAN be. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal