Author Topic: >.<  (Read 2734 times)

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
>.<
« on: September 01, 2008, 12:29:12 PM »
i just got mercenaries 2 and i started playing it on xbox and then like 2 seconds l8r it freezes and goes to rrod >.<
its aN easy fix but why does it freeze wen i play a game? i can play arcade games and chat on msn and stuff but it only seems to freeze wen i play a game, is that because the xbox has to work more? would me getting a whisper fan possible stop the freezing so the xbox keeps more cool
btw dont buy 1 dollar ear buds lol THEY SUCK

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: >.<
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 12:34:02 PM »
No, buy $5 earbuds. They've lasted me months. Lol.

The freezing is BECAUSE of the RRoD. It's not because of the game...well, more CPU/GPU usage, yes. It freezes when it gets the RRoD (I read that somewhere.)

So, getting a whisper fan would just cool the cpu/gpu slightly more. That doesn't necessarily mean that it'll stop the RRoD. If it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen. You can't 100% prevent it. You can't 100% fix it. You can only, I guess you could say, lower the chances.

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 12:41:21 PM »
i knew the freezing was becuz of the rrod, i was just saying that it only freezes wen i play a game which makes the dvd drive spin faster so i guess it gets hotter or somthing and goes rrod, say i put the game on a hdd and play it off that so the dvd drive isnt involved, would that make a difference?

Offline tripsalot

• ♥ Poker Champ ♠♣
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • modder knowledge
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 07:23:35 PM »
kicks i do agree a lot has changed here even in the time i have been here and i do see your point,but does flaming back realy help?(and no i am not flaming you) it doesnt change anything people will still not take the time to read the rules and aske what have come to be silly questions(ok im new here and want to put my i pod hdd in my psp,how do i put leds in my psp,how do i find what resistor i need?)that can be answered by just taking the time to read the rules and use the noobs corner or search button,and i agree the spming and insulting is getting out of hand,but instead of adding to it is there some way we could get a thread goin on how to solve these problems,and ideas on how to make it better again?

for example you have to have a set number of post in the new here section(introduce yourself,read the rules,faq,and a tut for google and yahoo) before you can start a thread in the main section,,and plaster the words "i will use the seach button and be polite"every where so that it sinks in,lol

Offline bill16504

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 11:11:28 AM »
i also read that if u do a dump then u cant play xbl or u get banned or somthing

Man, I had this one dump about a month ago; the wife banned me from Chinese take out from then on.  :winker:

As for the op, the Whispers do help cool a little, but I don't think playing from the hdd would help against the rrod. Some games are more demanding on the gpu than others. It won't make a difference if it's played from the disc or the hdd. The only benefit from playing from the hdd would be loading times. And again, some games it won't make a difference, and others (GTA) it should.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 11:37:18 AM »
Man, I had this one dump about a month ago; the wife banned me from Chinese take out from then on.  :winker:
Lmao!
it should.
Hopefully it will.
I think a topic should be made regarding just this update. Anyone want to do it? I cba.

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Überm Sternenzelt richtet Gott, wie wir gerichtet
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 02:17:18 PM »
seriously

how does it help him

it dosn't

quit arguing and can it
especially pspkicks, your attitude is inappropriate: swearing, caps yelling, and telling people to :censored: themselves over hard drive backups?

no more
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 02:19:18 PM by noah03ark »

Offline Skullmaster

• God Of Cars
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Admin Force, Co-Owner Wanna-be
    • Acidmods
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 03:30:41 PM »
Ok, here's the deal... you can discuss how to backup games, problems with backing up ect.. but not how to get the games illegally! Any more posts containing fighting and or swearing will be deleted. Thread unlocked

Offline gameroms

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 05:22:40 PM »
Please only post to help with the original question.

if you wish to talk about the update, please start your own topic, not fill this guys topic full of crap..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal