Author Topic: Check this out! XCM Rapid Fire Gear Lite  (Read 4622 times)

Offline 40_ounce

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
Check this out! XCM Rapid Fire Gear Lite
« on: October 06, 2008, 04:40:33 AM »
http://www.xcm-usa.com/news/content/view/37/1/

1. The rapid fire feature will be easily programmable/reprogrammable to any button (fire buttons A,B,X,Y, Right Trigger, Left Trigger, Right Bumper, Left Bumper) by simply pressing and holding down the rapid fire button on top of the controller case and pressing and holding the button you want to have rapid fire until the LED blinks. Also disabling the rapid fire function will be done using the same technique. This allows for an infinate rapid fire configuration that will please EVERYONE! This is really the ultimate rapid fire mod people have been waiting for.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 04:46:10 AM by 40_ounce »

Offline bill16504

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Check this out! XCM Rapid Fire Gear Lite
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 07:39:40 AM »
I imagine it'll be expensive. If there's a good demand for it, I don't see why KingMike and Gamer couldn't come out with a board which could do the same and cheaper. I'm not knocking XCM... I just rather throw my support to WiredInput.

Offline gameroms

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 12:56:10 PM »
not sure about Mike, but i will not be supporting this.  Because there will be alot of people crying after cutting the wrong traces and not being able to get it to work after they cut the traces and what the traces fixed back.  i dont see the need in cutting the traces.  and im willing to bet on $50-$75 depending on if it has leds in the buttons like there old case.

i am interested in the new d-pad in xcm's new case, but thats it.

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 01:40:09 PM »
Gameroms is right, I wouldnt touch this with a 10 foot pole as far as installs go.  the whole trace cutting thing seems to be unnecessary in my experience, there are ways around it with proper coding.  the button mapping is kind of cool, however it is more work that is unessecary in the install considering you may only use RF on a couple of the 8 buttons that you have to solder to.

Interested to find out how they solve the matrix controller issue on the buttons, but wouldn't be suprised if matrix is not supported for this.

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 04:22:58 PM »
Just my 2 cents: You can map the rapidfire to any button. Woop-de-doo. If you take it away from the triggers, its not really rapdi-fire. More like rapid-jump. Or rapid-grenade throw. Serioulsy, who wants rapid on the ohter buttons? The only buttons that 'fire' are the triggers. It doesn not do macros, it does not have the capacity to do the 'reload' tricks or such. And the biggest key factor they danced around in thier presention::

NO FIRERATE SELECT!!!!

They have one programmed firerate. Your stuck with it. So it wont work with all games. What a piece of junk. The only saving factor is that it replaces the D-Pad. This thing makes me so angry because since they are such a big name in modding, the clueless will snap these up unquestionably and end up ruining thier controllers or at best end up with exactly what they bought, a piece of  :censored: . All because XCM didn't do thier homework.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 05:37:56 PM »
 :rofl: that was like sweet poetry, was thinking those very thoughts about speed select but am too lazy to read the article to confirm it.  It is so sad they discontinued the other shells for this, what looks to be a poorly thought out product. 

Offline dub829

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 01:30:19 PM »
this may sound stupid...but what does "cutting traces" entail? is that cutting the copper on the circuit board?

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 01:50:48 PM »
this may sound stupid...but what does "cutting traces" entail? is that cutting the copper on the circuit board?

Exactly, easiest way is to use an exacto knife or better yet a scalpal, and literally cut into the board until the copper has been removed.  Best done in 2 spots on the trace to make sure it is cut.

Not for a noob for sure, but if anyone has to do it remember lighter cuts will get the job done same as heavy cuts, just heavy cuts are easier to screw the pooch with. :winker:

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 07:16:07 PM »

Its so that you can  :censored: up your controller so bad you have no choice but to send the whole damn mess to thier 'partner' installer Xtreme-mods. They claim this thing is the 'last ultimate' mod you would ever need. I would think the same thing after all the money some poor bastard will sink into this garbage. We are probably talking about 2 bills after a 'professional' install since most people will run away from this nightmare. As chadives said, there is really no need for cutting traces, unless your design team is just that incompetant.

I went to XCM website to ask about the firerates (and possibly get myself banned for berating thier product). Apparently, my IP is already restricted from registering to thier forums. My comments on X-S may have earned me that.

Man, I am soo riled up by this thing. I just know that so many people will gladly grab thier ankles thinking that this thing must be the best solution since its a 'commercial' product. And I Like all of thier other products. I am gonna email them directly, I cannot let this go.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 06:22:32 AM »
You are already banned.......lol that is the funniest thing I have heard all day, if anything I would expect them to offer you a job.  Definately going to have to find the comments on X-S to see what makes you ban worthy.

Boy I am thirsty....wish I had a 40_ounce.......used to be one around here........hmmm :dntknw:

Offline 40_ounce

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 09:07:07 AM »
hahaha I think I drank your 40_ounce. Just to let everybody here know that I will not be purchasing this I just thought that I would share this find. Im waiting for the SLeeper 3 mode With LED... https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=23598.0

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 03:47:50 PM »
 :laughing:   thats what we like to hear.   :victory:

BTW dual sleeper with LED is just around the corner :winker:

Offline blacker09

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 04:11:47 PM »
thx guys. I almost bought this. good thing "I" did my homework.

though i do like that they have it layed out so you can press the turbo button then chooses what buttons you want.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal