Author Topic: Help with brocken psp!  (Read 8882 times)

Offline jss_91

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Help with brocken psp!
« on: October 09, 2008, 11:31:29 PM »
i recently came across a psp slim whose screen doesnt display anything. Its not bricked because there is sound and i can navigate through the menu and connect through usb. Also its not the backlight because the backlight still works, i can change brightness, plus i put the same screen in my own psp and it works. My friend said he hit it when it was under his pillow on accident and the vuoala no screen display. I came to this site because i know all of u have great experience in modding and maybe u can help me fix something on the motherboard? :beg:

Offline pom2

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Help with brocken psp!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 06:44:29 PM »
i got this problem too, when i do sound reactive modding. if in my case, my lcd cable is't not inserted well. then i try to insert again the lcd cable.... it's works again.....
maybe the lcd cable just not inserted well, do u try to inserted again the cable?
sorry, my english so bad...

Offline LaCozTe-2028

• BANNED
  • E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I love My Lacoste shirts
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 11:57:06 AM »
try droping it again
my retared friend fixed by smashing it on the floor

1Sniper- not to be an :censored: but, its special friend
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 12:03:29 PM by 1Sniper »

try droping it again
my retared friend fixed by droping it

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 10:05:03 AM »
try droping it again
my retared friend fixed by smashing it on the floor

LOL... Sorry if this is spam but that made me lol really, really hard...

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline FireFox

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 11:34:17 AM »
SPAAAAAAAAM!!!
DO NOT DOUBLE POST PLEASE IT'S AGAINST DA RULEZ AND YOU KNOW IT  :huh:

sorry for the spam but I need to get rid of some stress lol lol

Offline jss_91

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 02:18:32 PM »
I have have tried everything including making shure the ribbon cable is snug,but no luck yet?

Offline staxx

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 11:25:01 PM »
have you tried puting your psp screen into his psp? If the same stuff happens with your screen in his psp, then theres probably a short somewhere.

Offline jss_91

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 12:14:00 AM »
yes i have put my screen in his psp and the same thing no display but working backlight, do u know were its shorted out at?

Offline staxx

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 09:56:56 PM »
nope, cant say that i do. Don't know much about circuitry...maybe its one of the clamps that hold the lcd ribbons to the motherboard (the prongs inside them maybe). My friend just gave me her psp for free that has the same problem...i just plan on going to walmart and buying a new one to swap parts then return it when its fixed and just tell them it didnt work out of the box for a cash refund...If you find out how to fix it though let me know, chances are it's probably what i'll have to do to fix the psp my friend gave me.

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 07:27:52 PM »
nope, cant say that i do. Don't know much about circuitry...maybe its one of the clamps that hold the lcd ribbons to the motherboard (the prongs inside them maybe). My friend just gave me her psp for free that has the same problem...i just plan on going to walmart and buying a new one to swap parts then return it when its fixed and just tell them it didnt work out of the box for a cash refund...If you find out how to fix it though let me know, chances are it's probably what i'll have to do to fix the psp my friend gave me.

Um... If they're smart, they'll open up the psp, and find the warranty sticker missing...

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline staxx

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2008, 12:27:34 AM »

Um... If they're smart, they'll open up the psp, and find the warranty sticker missing...

...its not an electronics store...it's walmart. They aren't as bright as you're giving them credit for. Plus theres ways you can peel the sticker without the void showing.

Offline RampageAOT

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • King of mods
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2008, 11:40:23 AM »
I recommend you take it to Sony first before disessembling it cause it will void your warranty. If they can't, won't or your warranty's expired then you might to try and open your psp up and check if the LCD orange (I think it's orange, damn Ive forgot) ribbon back into the LCD slot incase when your friend hit it it might have came it if the cable was loose. If that doesn't work then try ordering a new ribbon and try to put the new one in. Your last option is to probably to find a PSP repair shop and try and let them fix it.
Tell me how your PSP goes.
Mac G5
iMac 20"
Toshiba Laptop (2Gb Ram, 250Gb Hdd, Intel Pentium 4, ATI graphics card and WinXP) 
iPhone 1st Gen. (2g)
iPhone 2nd Gen. (3g) PS3 80Gb Xbox 360 Elite (planning on acrylic window and LED bars) PS2 (18" fan and 10" blue cold cathode light) PSP (planning on LED and UMD door mod)

Offline JUGGALOO

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2008, 03:21:28 PM »
Had the same problem.Ended up getting a motherboard.Go to E bay and look up seller broadway1190.He's got all kinds of psp parts for phat and slim.100% working motherboards are only $59.99 with shipping or less for phat.I've boght 2 from him,with no problems and fast shipping.

Offline vladstir

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2008, 06:15:45 AM »
I have the same problem with my psp. The GPU has a bad connection to the motherboard.

Push down on this chip while turning on the PSP and your psp should display

I hope this helps
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 06:24:52 AM by vladstir »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal