Author Topic: PSP Nub for a noob ?  (Read 2864 times)

Offline R3LOAD3R

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
PSP Nub for a noob ?
« on: October 11, 2008, 04:39:41 PM »
Im new to this forum and the PSP world of moding. Im sure this will be considered a dumb question and Im prepared to get flamed...here goes. If I had an extra original joystick/nub.... like the one on the left. Could I use it for a right side nub and wire it the same as  Razor? I have a PSP Fat. Im not interested in anything else really except function over form and I play FPS games mostly. Any and all direction and help would be greatly appreciated. Remember...we were all noobs at some point. Thanks again for any help.

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
Re: PSP Nub for a noob ?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 06:48:02 PM »
you need the extra nub yes, but in order to make it work you need to convert into digital nub.  the nub you have now is analog.  that's why we built the a2d, razor, razor2, and razor x.  the razor x is currently the best one to use as you can solder to the bottom of the board.
http://www.coolmods.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23_41&products_id=190
you install the board and connect it to the psp powerboard, drill a hole in the faceplate and your golden.

Offline R3LOAD3R

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 07:07:47 PM »
THanks for the fast response. I believe I seen some tuts on how to make one. Would it be wise to attampt to make my own PCB board? Im not bad with making stuff work and have some skills. So basically take my old nub and housing and replace the PCB to make it work?. So the razor x will cost me 25 bucks but will be the best choice? I have everything I neeed? IF you could link me to a wiring tut for this mod that would be great. I have considered making this mod. One ther question. If I do this will I have to remove my power sup and switch? Or just the power sup. I know how to make a FAt have USB charge but the start button for powering on and off seems a little tricky.

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 08:50:37 AM »
yes you can make your own pcb for the razor it should still work.  Here are the designs for the board.  But the razor x is still the best choice.
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=23707.0
When you install the razor you have to take out the yellow charge port on the psp to fit it under the faceplate.  You can then do the usb charge tut to be able to charge your psp again.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 09:54:28 AM by Chase »

Offline R3LOAD3R

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 05:41:17 PM »
Yoa're awesome bro. Thanks for all the help. Nice to see there are people out there that pass on knowledge and a helpful hand.

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 08:26:35 PM »
no problem.  Let me know if you can't open it so I can figure something out.

Offline dizzy_chicken

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 05:15:03 AM »
I think im in the same boat...i just need to know what to solder where, and make the nub (self center stc)...the rest should just be cake for me. Oh and ive read alot of mixed questions bout this but do i have to remove the ac charge port to fit the right nub in for the phat? some say yes and some say theres heaps of room...ty

Offline chimaera

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • all about Games, Playstation, 360, wii, ds, Modding, and on
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 05:01:49 PM »
hmm...

little late i know ... but your link works ;)

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2008, 06:45:24 PM »
ok thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal