Author Topic: Connecting a Ps3 controller to a psp via usb converter  (Read 7503 times)

Offline GuitarGuy822

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Connecting a Ps3 controller to a psp via usb converter
« on: October 17, 2008, 04:33:23 AM »
Here's what I want to ask, if you use a mini male usb B to female usb A converter (http://www.amazon.com/Female-Mini-Male-Adapter-Shipping/dp/B000Y6UL5E) can you connect your ps3 controller to the psp. I'm sure that the controller will physically connect to the psp, but would there be a way to actually make the ps3 controller compatible with the psp. So actually the question shifts more to is there any way to install software onto the psp to make the controller compatible. I'm interested in being completely portable with both the controller and psp, so not using ir shell or any other program that requires you to use a computer to hook it up. If you still don't understand what i'm talking about you can refer to these videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTDq2-jaEo0
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2sgh2mzfck&feature=related
Again these videos portray what I want to achieve accurately, however I would like to do so without hardware modification.

dslitemodder: Please hyperlink your links.  Use the button.   :winker:
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 07:00:37 AM by dslitemodder »

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
Re: Connecting a Ps3 controller to a psp via usb converter
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 05:41:51 AM »
no you can't get software to use a ps3 controller on a psp. but there is hope. i've heard from people that sony are looking to realise a new function for psp's allowing them to use ps3 controllers for psp games. this is just a rumor but i've heard this from a few people that do game testing here where i live. so wait and see what sony will do.

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 07:09:21 AM »
gr8npwrfl is building a no mod psp joystick box that lets you connect regular controllers without modding them to the psp.  It's not finished yet but he has made great progress.
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=22226.0
Also please read it all the way through before asking questions, because the chances are, it has already been asked before and answered.

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 07:48:17 AM »
gr8npwrfl is building a no mod psp joystick box that lets you connect regular controllers without modding them to the psp.  It's not finished yet but he has made great progress.
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=22226.0
Also please read it all the way through before asking questions, because the chances are, it has already been asked before and answered.

i knew he was, but that i was aware of, it wasn't for sale (or at least the plans haven't been realised yet), so i didn't want to offer a mod that isn't ready yet. :)

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 10:39:18 AM »
No, please use the search button.
The reason is because the psp is a slave device, not a master device. It won't work with things like that. EVER. You need a middle-man so to speak, to controll everything. Such as Gr8npwrfl's device.

Offline gr8npwrfl

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Ignorance is not fatal it can be cured
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 10:42:14 AM »
The wiring tutorial is done.

I am writing the programming tutorial right now. I just had to explain how to use the flip
usb programmer so there would not be a million questions and I am finishing that up now.

The keyboard software is done with complete remap to any other keys all held in the flash
of the adapter. ( I have not written the program to change the key maps yet but they
can be changed in the IDE programming environment )

I have the basic Xbox 360 controller running without mapping. I am working on the button
mapping and there have been some breakthroughs on the  chatpad keyboard. We are trying
to get the chatpad to work so you can have both the keyboard and gamepad at the same
time.

All is open source, all hardware is purchasable. you can even buy the cable and the only
wiring that will be required will be 3 wires from the cable to the adapter.

The dc to dc converter will be sold as a module so it only requires two wires to be soldered
and it will plug into the adapter board.

I am balancing working on this and working on the USB 2.0 Host adapter pc board that I
just got the prototype boards in.

The PS2/PS3 gamepads will be the next  one done. I will also put out the source for the
Xbox 360 controller and people will be able to work on their own drivers for other devices.

I have someone that is looking at sending the audio over wifi or bluetooth with simple
plugging in wireless usb adapters.

Offline GuitarGuy822

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 08:25:24 AM »
Thank you all for your responses. The reason i asked this question specifically was to find a device that I could buy like gr8npwrfl's. When it comes to creating something like that for myself, even with the instructions, I would find a way to screw it up. So if someone could let me know when something like gr8npwrfl's device is done and ready for sale, I would greatly appreciate it.

Offline m@DDm!k3

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • destined for the worst luck in modding
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 09:02:33 PM »
wow...gr8npwrfl if you put that on sale i ll probably put it on my 2 buy list very nice job that is EPIC nice

Offline Knightsofwar210

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Knightsofwar210site
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 10:22:52 AM »
wow...gr8npwrfl if you put that on sale i ll probably put it on my 2 buy list very nice job that is EPIC nice

Dude, just make one yourself man, it's not that hard, just buy the chip from digikey for 30$, and with a little soldering, your done, it's not that hard to do yourself  :yess:

Offline LaCozTe-2028

• BANNED
  • E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I love My Lacoste shirts
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 03:18:51 PM »
Wow can't wait for it gr8npwrlf its gonna pwn have you estimated how much will it cost

try droping it again
my retared friend fixed by droping it
 1Sniper- not to be an :censored: but, its special friend

Offline gr8npwrfl

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Ignorance is not fatal it can be cured
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 09:37:48 PM »
If I was to build them, they would probably sell for around $49.95.

I feel that add ons for the PSP should never exceed 1/3 the price of a unit.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal