Author Topic: Controller auto firing problem, need help  (Read 2455 times)

Offline MattosTKE

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Controller auto firing problem, need help
« on: October 23, 2008, 06:46:44 AM »
I've installed about 20 of the Acid Mods dual Rapid fire chips in various controllers, both old and new boards.  I've run into one problem 2 times now.  It may be coincidence but both times were on an Black Elite Controller with a Matrix board.  When I install the mod and press the left switch it starts rapid firing by itself and aiming down/right constantly.  So in other words say we're looking at COD4, if you press the left tact switch the character starts rapid firing without me touching anything and the aiming starts tilting down and to the right by itself very slowly.  Both times I simply switched out the board to another matrix board and everything was gravy, so i know it's not the chip but something with the board.  But the same exact problem on two boards?  Is there a problem with the mod on this exact controller type?  Any help or suggestions to where I went wrong would be great.

Offline SYSTEM aka (Cyberpyrot)

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
Re: Controller auto firing problem, need help
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 07:02:42 AM »
I've installed about 20 of the Acid Mods dual Rapid fire chips in various controllers, both old and new boards.  I've run into one problem 2 times now.  It may be coincidence but both times were on an Black Elite Controller with a Matrix board.  When I install the mod and press the left switch it starts rapid firing by itself and aiming down/right constantly.  So in other words say we're looking at COD4, if you press the left tact switch the character starts rapid firing without me touching anything and the aiming starts tilting down and to the right by itself very slowly.  Both times I simply switched out the board to another matrix board and everything was gravy, so i know it's not the chip but something with the board.  But the same exact problem on two boards?  Is there a problem with the mod on this exact controller type?  Any help or suggestions to where I went wrong would be great.

Please look on the controller for the model number and post here so we can research this.

Offline gameroms

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 08:33:44 AM »
sounds like your using a cg kit on a matrix controller, thats the only way ive seen this happen.

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 09:21:37 AM »
MattosTKE,
this may be a issue with M$ having a very small run of this unknown version of controller.  very sorry if it messes your up your business, I vaguely remember hearing about this, but with hundreds of installs and one discrepency, I had dismissed it as installer error.

If infact the install is correct, We can exchange the chip for one with custom firmware to get around this problem.

Contact Mike or Gameroms, if infact you don't get it figured out, and we will get you straightened out.

Model number will help us out too.

Offline MattosTKE

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 09:57:50 AM »
I thought the dual rapid fire chips were for both new and old style controllers?  I'll get the model number tonight as well as take a picture of what I'm working with.  I've used those chips for both Matrix and CG before with no problems, in fact most of the mods I've done are for Matrix.  If this is the case, I'll need to order some of those custom chips.  I'll get more info tonight.  Thanks!

Offline SYSTEM aka (Cyberpyrot)

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 10:21:50 AM »
MattosTKE,
this may be a issue with M$ having a very small run of this unknown version of controller.  very sorry if it messes your up your business, I vaguely remember hearing about this, but with hundreds of installs and one discrepency, I had dismissed it as installer error.

If infact the install is correct, We can exchange the chip for one with custom firmware to get around this problem.

Contact Mike or Gameroms, if infact you don't get it figured out, and we will get you straightened out.

Model number will help us out too.

Im hoping this software rework does not set us back on the up comming releases  :cry2:

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 06:30:10 PM »
I thought the dual rapid fire chips were for both new and old style controllers?  I'll get the model number tonight as well as take a picture of what I'm working with.  I've used those chips for both Matrix and CG before with no problems, in fact most of the mods I've done are for Matrix.  If this is the case, I'll need to order some of those custom chips.  I'll get more info tonight.  Thanks!

the chips are for both, these controllers are very rare.  They are matrix controllers that trick chip to think they are CG style trigger logic, if they are what I hear they are from you and mike.  They are rare 2 in 20, but I think probaby the ratio is way bigger than that if these are the first ones we are hearing about.  I am still not even sure how it is possible for it too happen, but I can fix it in one line of code.  I would like to get my hands on one tho, in case I can fix the universal code to work for it.

System: not a setback at all, like I said one line of code fixes it until I can get my hands one of these problem controller boards.  I got you covered. :winker:

Offline MattosTKE

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 11:46:16 AM »
Sounds good, here's what I'm working with......

Offline gameroms

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 05:18:50 PM »
where are you solidering the red wire, i see the poing i use has no solider on it.

Offline MattosTKE

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 06:16:44 PM »
I'm using the point to the left and down from the right thumbstick. 

Offline KingMike_OS

• Shop Owner - Products & Support
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • R&D
    • Modding Shop At the end of the Universe
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2008, 06:39:11 PM »
well there is your problem .. you need to grab your power from here :

Offline MattosTKE

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2008, 11:18:17 AM »
Ugh, I feel like an idiot.  Thanks guys.  I also didn't think that the two points would be that different, I guess I was wrong.  I'll attempt again on the that board and let you know what the outcome is.

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2008, 02:46:28 PM »
phew, I knew there were too few of them for it to be different board.  good news for me :tup:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal