Author Topic: Nub assembly HELP (self center)  (Read 2787 times)

Offline dizzy_chicken

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Nub assembly HELP (self center)
« on: October 24, 2008, 02:54:57 AM »
i have a razor x board and spare nub and spring...i just need to understand how the spring selfcenters the nub if you get what i mean. i know the spring (or washer if you use one) is used for the connection on the board but how does it self center??? this balffes me when trying to put it together. please sombody? does it rely on that tiny groove around the top bit of the caseing?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 03:02:37 AM by dizzy_chicken »

Offline Alien_X

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
Re: Nub assembly HELP (self center)
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 04:03:13 AM »
i have a razor x board and spare nub and spring...i just need to understand how the spring selfcenters the nub if you get what i mean. i know the spring (or washer if you use one) is used for the connection on the board but how does it self center??? this balffes me when trying to put it together. please sombody? does it rely on that tiny groove around the top bit of the caseing?

Do you want instructions on how to install the spring, or do you just want to understand how it centers itself?

Sigs by Alien_X
www.ax-elec.com

Offline dizzy_chicken

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 04:06:57 AM »
both i guess...my understanding now after playing around with it for a while is that the groove on the top keeps it in place? and the razor x board squishes it down so it cant move. is that right?

Offline WatIis

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 11:16:08 AM »
Man, ive done the dual nub a few times, and the spring is a really bad contact method. Its hard to get in there expecially. I would suggest the washer and rubber band method =)

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 12:27:17 PM »
Man, ive done the dual nub a few times, and the spring is a really bad contact method. Its hard to get in there expecially. I would suggest the washer and rubber band method =)

So wrong. The spring is perfect and more reliable...

Offline WatIis

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 01:44:00 PM »
Im just saying, i had better luck with a washer, found it alot more reliable, and easier to install

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal