Author Topic: Hey Th1s iZ s0 cOoL  (Read 4411 times)

Offline kriso13

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Hey Th1s iZ s0 cOoL
« on: October 26, 2008, 11:21:21 PM »
Hello guys, some of you may know me from the intro section. But I'm kinda interested in programming more than actual cut this & iron that.

But as I read some of the topics here I started wandering: "Heey wait maybe these guys can help me in my first steps at PSP-homebrewing"

Note to any openminded person: I dont even know if My PSP (slim) has homebrew enabled so in other words get ready for a lot of explaining if you plan to help this one

Someone ho though he/she would help: :x: :nono: :psp: :faint:
Never mess with Hades...

Offline Antivenom

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Hey Th1s iZ s0 cOoL
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 04:52:44 PM »
Easy way: Give up

Hard way:
Hen your psp (through one of the many exploits)
(opt-rec) Take an advanced math class - Trig/Calculus
Take a programming class - C++/C
Start programming.

I say it so brief and bluntly because it doesn't sound like you even have a clue about technology, no offense intended.

Offline Chi-kitory

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Nes Warlord
    • Emuwizards
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 05:00:56 PM »

I say it so brief and bluntly because it doesn't sound like you even have a clue about technology, no offense intended.
i have to agree mate, but if he really wants to know how, i bet he can learn!

Offline XsavioR

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-3
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 11:27:41 AM »
Yeah I have to agree, but it is possible to learn..

read all the FAQ on hacking your psp.

Hack your psp.

Learn C C++ programing
(install your compiler, ide, sdk's)

Learn the PSPsdk

I honestly think your byting off more then you can chew. A more reasonable goal for you would be to get decent using homebrew and hackin your psp. What your talking about is a 2 or 3 year investment of time, NOT a 45 min thing. Coding is WAY more involved then  substituting 1's for I's and writing in poor grammar. But at the same time every one does start somewhere. Most of the guys writing homebrews are in school for it, or have spent years of time studying , or do it as a job.  To clear up a pretty blatant confusion, this board is for programming PIC micro controllers. this is not the same (though similar) to coding applications. Most guys here are probably programming in Assembly where as you would need to code in C++ for homebrew.  Its like asking a spanish guy to teach you english. Not trying to be rude,,, Just a splash of reality.   

Offline pspdoctor

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Check out www.pspdoctor.com for PSP repairs!!!!
    • PSPDOCTOR.COM
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 07:05:24 PM »
You are in the wrong section to find out how to downgrade to custom firmware.  You can tell if your PSP is downgrade by going to SYSTEM SETTINGS then scrolling down to SYSTEM INFO.  Where it says VERSION if it is anything like 3.90 or 4.01 with NO M33 or OE then you are running Sony Official Firmware.  If it says something like 3.90 M33-3 or 4.01 M33-2 then you are running Custom Firmware.  If you have Official Firmware you will have to use a program called HEN for your specific firmware version but it is a real pain! Here is a guide to downgrading most firmware versions - here - http://www.pspiso.com/showthread.php?t=140243.  I would use that as reference but I recommend the the Ultimate Pandora Tool -find it here- http://dl.qj.net/Ultimate-Pandora-s-Tool-v5.0.2-PSP-Homebrew-Applications/pg/12/fid/24425/catid/151.  You will have to have a PSP that is already downgraded so use a friends or there are links in the downgrading guide to buy batteries that have already been made into Pandora batteries.  Or you can have it professionally done.  But I think that should be enough to get you started and keep you busy for quite awhile because it will take some researching and studying.  But once you get the hang of it its a breeze!  Hope this helps and if I can do anything to help just PM me through here or look at my profile and e-mail me.  Good luck with everything though and let me know if I can help.
Peace
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 05:18:27 AM by Mactastic Mendez »
Check out www.pspdoctor.com for PSP repairs!!!!

Offline kriso13

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 12:10:51 AM »
Ok guys. 1st Ive already hacked my PSP Slim ( 5.00 M33) 2nd the most useful replay of all was the second or third

All I was looking for is a name of a program or programming environment so I can pick it up & start learning (Ive tried several different forum but all they said was "Sorry try doing something else this Is ADVANCED programming) & I felt like a total left out.

And finally the most useful thing you all said was that C++/C was the programming language for PSP applications 

P.S: I used Pandora its really easy

And I already have SOME homebrews like PSPtube (lets you watch youtube videos) BOOKR (Self explanatory) SleePer or something (alarm)  but some homebrews didnt work so I was thinking there is more than hacking it to enable homebrew.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 12:18:25 AM by kriso13 »
Never mess with Hades...

Offline Alien_X

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 01:02:46 AM »
Yes, but this is a HUGE step up.

Get linux, and the pspsdk and toolchain.

Sigs by Alien_X
www.ax-elec.com

Offline StealthedHunter

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Can't See me
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 08:43:37 AM »
also just going to points out dec C++ is a good free compiler. Just type it in on google. It works pretty well from when ive used it

Offline Alien_X

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 09:40:27 AM »
also just going to points out dec C++ is a good free compiler. Just type it in on google. It works pretty well from when ive used it

For the PSP?  :huh:

Sigs by Alien_X
www.ax-elec.com

Offline pspdoctor

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Check out www.pspdoctor.com for PSP repairs!!!!
    • PSPDOCTOR.COM
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 09:44:48 AM »
But as I read some of the topics here I started wandering: "Heey wait maybe these guys can help me in my first steps at PSP-homebrewing"  Note to any openminded person: I dont even know if My PSP (slim) has homebrew enabled so in other words get ready for a lot of explaining if you plan to help this one

According to what you said here it sounds to me like you dont know the first thing about homebrew or custom firmware so maybe you should just try to be a little more clear next time.  I dont mean this offensively by any means though.
Check out www.pspdoctor.com for PSP repairs!!!!

Offline kriso13

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 01:05:47 PM »
According to what you said here it sounds to me like you dont know the first thing about homebrew or custom firmware so maybe you should just try to be a little more clear next time.  I dont mean this offensively by any means though.

Yeah I kinda over did it eh  :whoosh: Sorry so what...

Let me get this straight

1. I have a Linux LIVE CD (runs Linux without installation)
2. I think I know where to get all the PSPsdk stuff...
  but at second though some links might be useful  :yess:
3. Can you use the Actual C++ environment to learn the language or are there some modifications to it & if so what are they
Never mess with Hades...

Offline XsavioR

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-3
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2008, 06:38:14 AM »
You dont need linux , there are windows based compilers CYGwin for example, with GCC.

My best suggestion is to goto your local library and get
"C PRogramming for the absolute beginner" by micheal A vine.

It walks ya threw installing the apps ive mentioned. And the basics of programming in C, Then use google and search things like C++ tutorials. Once you can program in C and use the resources for it, the things in the psp sdk will make more seance. You will most likely NOT be able to jump right in and use the pspsdk. You will need to know how to program, then learn the pspsdk. As i said b4, This is about like saying you want to learn  rocket science in 25 minutes, actually that would be more realistic.  This is a multi year project, not something we can give you easy installers for, nor links to end all faqs that will teach you the ins and outs of like your hoping.

You might even look up your local college and sign up for programming classes. (thats what im doing) There is a reason colleges teach programming. Its quite difficult to learn.  Im half tempted to post the firmware im working on, which doesnt even come close to a homebrew, its about 25,000 lines.  You need to understand the basics b4 you try to jump into advanced things like the pspsdk,

Offline kriso13

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2008, 03:26:34 AM »
You dont need linux , there are windows based compilers CYGwin for example, with GCC.

My best suggestion is to goto your local library and get
"C PRogramming for the absolute beginner" by micheal A vine.

It walks ya threw installing the apps ive mentioned. And the basics of programming in C, Then use google and search things like C++ tutorials. Once you can program in C and use the resources for it, the things in the psp sdk will make more seance. You will most likely NOT be able to jump right in and use the pspsdk. You will need to know how to program, then learn the pspsdk. As i said b4, This is about like saying you want to learn  rocket science in 25 minutes, actually that would be more realistic.  This is a multi year project, not something we can give you easy installers for, nor links to end all faqs that will teach you the ins and outs of like your hoping.

You might even look up your local college and sign up for programming classes. (thats what im doing) There is a reason colleges teach programming. Its quite difficult to learn.  Im half tempted to post the firmware im working on, which doesnt even come close to a homebrew, its about 25,000 lines.  You need to understand the basics b4 you try to jump into advanced things like the pspsdk,

Ok. Thanks I will try to get my hands on that book  :tup:
Never mess with Hades...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal