Poll

we finnaly have it working

please let me know if you find any updates
1 (33.3%)
also let me know if you cant get it to work and i will help you
2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: RAPID FIRE TIMER 555 TESTED AND WORKING  (Read 4178 times)

Offline deadly

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
RAPID FIRE TIMER 555 TESTED AND WORKING
« on: October 29, 2008, 06:50:44 PM »
RAPID FIRE TIMER 555
Parts needed
1. Timer 555 chip
2. 2  1k resistors
3. Push button
4. Wire(30 AWG)
5. PC board
6.capacitor
ALL PARTS CAN BE PURCHASED FROM RADIO SHAK

1geta piece of PC board the size of a quarter.
2.solder the chip to the PC board
3.solder the capacitor to pins one and two.
4. Solder 1 resistor to pin 8 and 5
5. Solder other resistor from pin 8 to 4
6. Solder wire from 2 to 8 and another piece of wire from pin 2 to 8.
7. Solder a wire from pin 3 to one leg of your button and then from the other leg solder a wire to the middle pin of the right trigger.
8.Solder a wire from pin 8 and another wire to pin 1 then solder the wire from pin one to the player one LED and the wire from pin 8 to the right leg of the right bumper.

And that’s it.
I will have a picture diagram up soon as well as a video so please be patient.

I will be glad to help you also i havent tested this mod with the recharge pack i only know that it works with regulsar batteries.

Offline 40_ounce

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: RAPID FIRE TIMER 555 TESTED AND WORKING
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 01:03:46 AM »
thanks for the update. Do you use the tack switch or the
R tigger to fire?

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 05:11:58 AM »
good luck with that. lets see some pics, or something please read line 6. I will test this today. but there is no need. I can tell you now its bogus.

I cant test it..lol do you know how many different types of capasitors there are?? and how many diff 555 chips there are? radio shack carries 3!!

take this down so people dont get it confused with something that actually works.

edit;
please fix line six, please specify the rating of the caps,  please check line 4 that cant be right, line 8 is your power and ground, the only thing I can say about that is WHY??

please let me know what type of board you are using cg or matrix?

802Chives: please keep it professional or it will be shutdown.  no need to suggest people are on drugs. If deadly cant come up with some evidence of this working in timely fashion, we will close the thread
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 11:17:39 AM by modded matt »

Offline gameroms

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 10:10:58 AM »
why dont you make a proper guide using your own work.

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 07:31:44 PM »
I have no idea why you are trying to prove this. X-S covered this in ... oh ... about 400 posts? The 555 timer is an adjustable squarewave generator. Of course it works. The only ones that dont are 555 chips that need more than 3VDC power, or interface circuitry that was completely done wrong (I am so tired of explaining this part, that I no longer feel the need to prove it anymore).

Lets enlighten people with the truthful facts about the difference between the PIC RF and the 555 RF:

555: Actually requires more wiring, soldering, and modding of the controller to install. The 555 basically takes a resistor and a capacitor and uses them to generate a squarewave output. If the resistor is a potentiometer (adjustable resistor) then the squarewave can be adjusted by turning the pot.

Pros: This is easy enough for non-technical poeple to install. You can usually find the parts at radioshack. The speed is adjustable.

Cons: The output is nowhere near as stable as all of the people who have done it says it is. I personally did not install one. I did however breadboard it and the squarewave was crappy (rounded corners at the squarewave visible at 3 pulse-widths display on the scope). Using a cap (+/-20% tolerance) and pot (+/-5% tolerance) means that no 2 controllers built the same exact way will ever work the same. It has been proven that the speeds that create those Halo3 youtube videos are precise down to the millisecond. Yes, you can 'tune' the 555 to finally get there, but it will take alot of time and you could never reproduce it quickly. Also, you cannot do a sleeper and be able to turn it off.

PIC RF: Output is smooth. It runs at 8MHz resolution. Theoretically you could achieve precision to a few micro-seconds on the squarewave. The scope shows a nice square down to 50kHz. Beyond that, you can start to see the edges round out ( it was 100Hz for the 555 timer (higher is better)). There are multiple ways of wiring the PIC (external triggers, sleeper trigger, etc etc). Some RF even have macro functions.

CONS: Requires programming the PIC. Most people dont know where to get the code. Purchasing a pre-programmed chip means you cannot adjust timing (although most pre-programmed ones have been programmed with the most advantageous timing for the popular games anyway).

There are more things to list, but I am tired.

Bottom line: Everyone who does the 555 timer ends up one of two ways: Wishing they had bought a PIC version RF because thier controller is too much of a pain to 'tune' everytime they want to switch games, or they become adamant defenders of the 555 timer because they dont want to admit that the hackjob and headache to get the damn thing to finally work was really not worth the effort in the long wrong (please read DENIAL here).

NOW.... everyone who fits the latter description may now procede to flame me  :x:
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline gameroms

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 09:10:31 PM »
ty hazer, im tired of argueing with 555 users also.

there are several 555 users here, if you need help please pm them.

Offline deadly

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 06:16:18 AM »
im sorry there was an error in my typing so i am going to go over a couple things.
1 you only need to solder a wire from 4 to 8 and 2 to 6  not 2 to 8
2 the capacitor i used was a polyester film capacitor but i tried the mod with a diff one and it worked as well.
3 i will have the video up later today with proof that this mod works also i will show you in the video another timer 555 kit that i set up with a different capacitor.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008, 08:29:11 AM »
im sorry there was an error in my typing so i am going to go over a couple things.
1 you only need to solder a wire from 4 to 8 and 2 to 6  not 2 to 8
2 the capacitor i used was a polyester film capacitor but i tried the mod with a diff one and it worked as well.
3 i will have the video up later today with proof that this mod works also i will show you in the video another timer 555 kit that i set up with a different capacitor.

That’s starting to get better. We all know the 555 timer works, its just how well and with what set up that is in question. your original post was way flawed...like for real. try this

1) Low power 555 timer ic
2) Jumper 2to 6 and 4-8
3) 1.0uf talcum capacitor on pins one and two positive on pin #2 remember 1.0uf here
4) 0.1 uf ceramic disk capacitor on pins 5 and 1
5) 1k resistor on pins 7 & 8
6) VDD input wire at pin 8
7) gnd input wire at pin 1
8) Output wire at pin 3
9) This is where it gets tricky. you will need a resistor between pins 2 and 7 this res directly affects the output pulse. different res gives different speeds. put a pot here adjust it where you like it, measure the resistance and replace the pot with the resistor of choice.

That is the basic way to build the chip.

Now for mike's help (always give credit where it is due)
use mikes 'cg' solder points for ground and power. (stay off the led and the bumper??? as you previously stated. I assume what you say would work. but why)

Now take the output from pin three to a spst on/off toggle switch mounted wherever you like it (I like it between the d pad and right stick, but knock yourself out.
coming out of the on/off switch, attach a 1k res then to the base pin of a npn switching transistor, from there solder the collector pin to the mid trigger pin, and the emitter to the bottom pin.

now you have a working rapid fire mod. This is a lot of work, and will cost you more than $7.99. but the fact remains, it can be just as fast and just as consistent as the $7.99 pic. I have yet to test it against the new 3 mode. I will order and test it next week. ****BY ALL MEANS I WOULD RECOMEND EVEYONE BUY THE PIC FROM THE STORE!! ITS CHEAPER, EASIER TO INSTALL, AND WILL TAKE HALF THE TIME.****

I have 5 wireless controllers in my house. 4 with different mods. and one virgin for my wife to use. I use the 555 modded one more. and have been using it for a while now with no problems. its just my preference.

just for reference (this is what I was told) the rapid fire code is wrote at 20 pulls per second "to allow a more visual effect" where as the game COD will accept upto 30 pulses per second. the 555 can be tuned to be fester, thus proving my point, that it can be faster and just as consistent as the pic,this was stated by the programmer not me.

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2008, 10:47:42 AM »
faster then the $7.99 chip?......sure.  Faster than the 3 mode chip?.....not a chance.  As fast as 3 mode?......yeah with tons of tuning.

Mode one on the 3 mode as been tuned to work as fast as possible with least amount of hesitation on COD4.  Mode 2 on 3mode is fastest possible for halo with the least amount of hesitation. mode 3 is general mode that is slow but has least amount of recoil error.

Myself and my team as well as I am sure Hazer, have spent a long time to figure out the fastest and most consistant fire rates that are easily selectable.  There is so much involved that it is hard to describe the process and time involved in comming up with correct speeds.

BTW I estimate the response time of COD4 to be around 16 shots per second.  So just cuz someone says there stuff fires 30 shots per second doesn't mean it actually is, just mean the controller detects every other pulse or every third pulse from the chip.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2008, 01:35:42 PM »
you are absolutly correct. I agree with every thing you are saying chives and hazer, the whole acid mods team for that matter. but to make this statment:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ordere a pre-programed chip from shop here, you be glad you did, our rapid fire code is faster than the 555, and smoother also.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

then to bet on it

is just inacurate and biased

you can look and see many of my posts telling people to go to the shop, buy the chip. utilize the resourses provided here. never bashing anyones work or product.

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2008, 06:17:14 PM »
Well put Matt. You are the first person who has described the 555 circuit without complete blinded bias.

I would like to add one last tidbit for this discussion: I have a 3 mode CG sleeper running at 50Hz (50 shots per second). At that speed COD stutters but does empty the clip faster than any other speed. Obviously, the pistol sprays wildly and ends up moving your POV way to the upper right corner. The G3 has trouble with it though. Very erratic.

I have found that around `40Hz is acceptable for an 'insane' speed.

My point being that COD does see way faster than 20 Hz, but beyond 40Hz it is inconsistant. This applies for PIC or 555.

[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline gameroms

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2008, 06:02:38 AM »
yes i am biased, every 555 i have built personally has been slow, and if you adjust it for more speed, its just stutters.

but remember opinoins are like A-holes, everyone has one. 

but i will test your method, in my spare time.  maybe its diff from what i built in the past.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 06:50:49 AM by gameroms »

Offline SYSTEM aka (Cyberpyrot)

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2008, 06:45:35 AM »
Ok time for me to chime in "and I have the last word" cream of mushroom soup is far superior then tomatoe and basil... End of discussion!!! :w00t:

also if you like we can carry a 555 smd kit in the shop most likly cheaper then ordering everything from the shack for those who want that...
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 06:47:07 AM by SYSTEM »

Offline gameroms

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2008, 05:01:58 AM »
matt how about posting radio shack part #'s to help people.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal