Author Topic: Broken Sixaxis  (Read 2423 times)

Offline Neo1607

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Broken Sixaxis
« on: October 30, 2008, 08:12:33 AM »
Ok im having a problem with my sixaxis. I soldered an LED under the PS Button (after following a tutorial by my friend who has did it to several controllers). And now when i try turning my sixaxis on it will not work wirelessly, the LED's don't come on at the top, yet when i plug it into the USB port it works 100%.

some people suggest it is a short circuit, but i can't seem to see anywhere that is shorted, plus it wouldn't work via USB if it was shorted would it?  and the battery is working because i tested it by sticking a LED directly into the 2 little notches.

Can anyone make any other suggestions?  i tried unsoldering the LED and it still doesn't work :S

Offline MaO

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Broken Sixaxis
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 08:40:24 AM »
there is a little button on the back of the controller(reset button) you can try that but i;m not sure  if it works

Offline Neo1607

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 08:43:34 AM »
Hmm i tried that, it doesn't appear to help :\

It must be something simple if the controller still works via usb

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 09:34:29 AM »
you must be draining the power make sure you soldered in the right pinouts
come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

Offline Neo1607

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 07:56:51 AM »
you must be draining the power make sure you soldered in the right pinouts

Can't be that, because i unsoldered the LED completely, so it looks like it did when i first opened the controller

Offline DLoc

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 09:49:31 PM »
I had that problem when doing GBlasters raipid fire mod, I found out you have to put the battery holders back in the pin holes or the battery will constantly trip the reset button. (it was hitting the little black plastic piece that goes over the button)

Offline tapdisbong

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 02:06:56 PM »
hey DLoc did Gblasters method work for you ?

Offline Neo1607

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 02:10:59 PM »
I had that problem when doing GBlasters raipid fire mod, I found out you have to put the battery holders back in the pin holes or the battery will constantly trip the reset button. (it was hitting the little black plastic piece that goes over the button)

Nope not that, got the battery holders back in so it ain't touching the button

Offline tapdisbong

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 04:26:21 PM »
did you accidently have solder drop on any chip or any part of the controller ? check and make sure.

Offline GBlaster

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2008, 06:59:23 PM »
I had the same problem when I did my first LED mod. I'm not quite sure how to fix that. I know that in my rapid fire mod, if you accidentally connect the + and - of the battery you need to replug it back in. The controller should work wireless, you just won't be able to tell its on because the LEDs won't be on.

I recommend the next time you do an LED mod find another point for a power source because most tutorials recommend using the red wire in the center of the controller (which as far as I understand can easily cause the problem that you have).

Offline socomhacker239

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 03:00:47 PM »
i did not follow a tutorial when i did mine i just soldered my - and + points of the led to the 2nd 0603 led on the ps3 so when i want to turn my led off i just switch the remote number :tup: :tup: try it that way i think its much better that way you can turn it on an off any time you want!

Offline DLoc

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2008, 02:10:39 AM »
hey DLoc did Gblasters method work for you ?
Yes and it's wicked. (you might have a few problems if you have the 1st gen old sixaxis with the copper TP points exposed. as there are lots of places for shorts)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal