Author Topic: GBlaster's New Rapid Fire Mod [Release]  (Read 46082 times)

Offline LaCozTe-2028

• BANNED
  • E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I love My Lacoste shirts
Re: GBlaster's New Rapid Fire Mod [Release]
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2008, 05:41:01 PM »
Lol im geting pices soon blaster

try droping it again
my retared friend fixed by droping it
 1Sniper- not to be an :censored: but, its special friend

Offline tapdisbong

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2008, 05:44:25 PM »
nice, how much did you pay for your parts ? i had to pay 20$ cuz of shipping lol

Offline GBlaster

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2008, 08:51:06 PM »
nice, how much did you pay for your parts ? i had to pay 20$ cuz of shipping lol

I had to pay about $12 because I went directly from the store.

Offline DLoc

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2008, 09:43:55 PM »
Thanks for this GBlaster, It cost me $20 because, I wasn't sure which cap I needed so I bought the variety pack. (I should have bought them non-polorized) but I made a polorized work. (just had to get the direction right.) The mod works like a charm

Offline GBlaster

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2008, 08:26:37 AM »
Thanks for this GBlaster, It cost me $20 because, I wasn't sure which cap I needed so I bought the variety pack. (I should have bought them non-polorized) but I made a polorized work. (just had to get the direction right.) The mod works like a charm

I've been experimenting with different capacitors, they all seem to work so far. Its great to hear its working! Enjoy!

Offline tapdisbong

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2008, 12:47:16 PM »
hey i have a quick ?, i disassembled  my PS2 controller and i took out the rumble thing, i was thinking what if you can add the rumble to the rapid fire, so every time you press the button it shakes. can it work ?

Offline GBlaster

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2008, 09:59:00 PM »
Yeah it could work if you have a proper power source. Basically you would just have an on command rumble.

Offline tapdisbong

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2008, 08:09:57 AM »
i'm going to try it, just have to wait for my parts to come.

Offline GBlaster

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2008, 10:46:36 AM »
Here is the release of my Adjustable Rapid Fire, It won't be released formally but you can see a video of it here.

I'm currently working on a never before seen project. Hopefully you guys will see that in a few weeks.

Offline DLoc

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2008, 05:26:00 PM »
-TIP: Oh, yeah I couldn't find a 56ohm resistor so I used a 47ohm soldered in series with 10ohm to accomplish the closest (over 56ohm) I could get to.
Only thing that's happened, when I first did this it worked flawlessly, but one of my power wires broke at a joint, and I went in and fixed it but now for some reason I can't figure out, (only when pressing the rapid fire trigger) my controller also moves down and to the right in small movements. (I also tested it on the xmb to make sure it wasn't the guns recoil) is the down/right for the analog close to the TP for this mod? (Oh well I guess, at least it's rapid)

UPDATE:]My possible fix for Copper pcb (old sixaxis controller)
I went into do the PS button LED mod, so I rewired all but my pcb point 1 & 2 (new wire every were except pcb points 1 & 2 and pcb components.)
I found a definitely marked improvement when using rapidfire.
When it does track down and right it is very little, just noticeable and doesn't move in xmb at all. (Often times turning the controller off/on fixes it)
I think it may have been shorting out via the very edge of the PCB where a wire had insulation damage. Just to be sure I changed how I wired the the switch to avoid wire insulation damage.
Next I'll try some electrical tape under the pcb point wires just to make sure there's not a short there.
Here is my makeshift wiring diagram for any one who wants to give this a shot.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 12:01:18 AM by DLoc »

Offline Sil3ntP3nguin

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Projects here and there!
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2008, 06:01:39 AM »
The cost can be cut by almost 50% if you buy from real suppliers. But its hard finding the exact to what radioshack has..
I like tech stuff. Artist in all media's. Photographer. ps3 gamer. i7 computerer.
I sell domestic electronics online, work at a pizzeria, and sell more electronics
and get over $1000 a month doing it :D

Offline elijahblake

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2008, 07:06:57 AM »
So do you actually have a new button you have to use?  IF so where is it located?

Offline tapdisbong

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2008, 08:13:10 AM »
i got all my parts today but yesterday i got hit by a car while i was walking, but i'm going to try it now and see if it works.  :drunk:

Offline DLoc

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2008, 11:42:00 AM »
So do you actually have a new button you have to use?  IF so where is it located?
Yes, If you'd looked over the pdf you'd have seen that the momentary switch is the "new button" You can put it where ever you can fit it. Mine is on the right below the right analog stick. (on the hand grip)

Offline ndru98

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2008, 10:08:51 PM »
BUMP.

Just finished mine :D
No screw ups or anything like last time.
It looks PERFECT.
:D

BTW.
GBlaster, I posted your TUT on PSPISO.
BUT DON'T WORRY.
You have FULL CREDIT.
I just said I Uploaded it. (:
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 10:39:00 PM by ndru98 »

Offline tapdisbong

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2008, 11:14:04 AM »
i think the problem that DLoc has is  because of the battery. i had the same problem to, when the battery was fully charged it would move by it self, but when it is on the second bar it works perfect.

Offline GBlaster

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2008, 11:03:28 PM »
BUMP.

Just finished mine :D
No screw ups or anything like last time.
It looks PERFECT.
:D

BTW.
GBlaster, I posted your TUT on PSPISO.
BUT DON'T WORRY.
You have FULL CREDIT.
I just said I Uploaded it. (:

Great to hear that it works. Thanks for posting it up too.

I haven't been able to keep up lately but now I have the chance so I'm just gonna say that there will be another update soon on the tutorial with more pictures of the newer motherboards (2 since my last release). I mainly haven't been able to keep up because I've been working on a mod that I very very very slightly touched upon earlier but I am glad to say that it should be done soon.

Offline tapdisbong

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2009, 01:13:20 PM »
how long is it going to take to post up the new one ?

Offline Jussstin

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2009, 02:40:43 PM »
Hey gblaster (or anyone with a decent knowledge of this mod),

I am attempting my first electronics mod ever on a DS3, and after it took me 3 hours (lol) to assemble everything --- the test point on the pcb broke off of TP26.  I noticed that on my PCB TP26 is com2, which I assume stands for common2 --- my question is: Is there a way to repair this, because i cannot get solder to take on TP26 now?  Also, if that is not possible, TP25 is com1 --- would it work the same if i connected to that test point instead of com2?

Heres a picture from another site that is exactly my board.

I really appreciate the thorough tutorial, and am very excited to get this mod completed.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

*EDIT* -  P.S. I tested the controller after i broke off TP26, and all functions of the controller work properly.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 02:42:31 PM by Jussstin »

Offline GBlaster

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2009, 05:49:14 PM »
By the TP breaking off I'm assuming you mean the solder came off of it. You may be able to get the solder to stick back on by using flux on the TP.

Offline Jussstin

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2009, 08:10:44 PM »
By the TP breaking off I'm assuming you mean the solder came off of it. You may be able to get the solder to stick back on by using flux on the TP.

Yes, the solder came off.  So the TP will function properly if i can get it to take solder with flux?

and do you know about the com1, com2 question i had?

I tried using the other "com" TP, but when I tested by touching the other lead from the timer to the TPs that control button functions, it seemed to switch them around from the list I had, and when i found the "fire" TP --- the momentary switch only allowed single shot operation.  I feel like ive :censored:ed this mod up completely  :#1:

Offline GBlaster

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2009, 01:05:41 AM »
The two com points control different aspects of the controller. The com2 controls the right side of the controller (A.k.a. R1) so by connecting the R1 TP with the Com2 it sends the signal for R1.

So basically, you need to use Com2 as specified.

Offline Jussstin

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2009, 02:09:38 AM »
The two com points control different aspects of the controller. The com2 controls the right side of the controller (A.k.a. R1) so by connecting the R1 TP with the Com2 it sends the signal for R1.

So basically, you need to use Com2 as specified.

I apologize for being such a noob to this, but if I understand correctly:

I could set up the control layout for L1 or L2 as the primary fire and use Com1 and whatever the L1/L2 tps are and it would function correctly?

Also another question, have you tested the rapid-fire on COD5?  I heard they had anti-turbo code or something.

Offline GBlaster

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2009, 12:55:20 PM »

I apologize for being such a noob to this, but if I understand correctly:

I could set up the control layout for L1 or L2 as the primary fire and use Com1 and whatever the L1/L2 tps are and it would function correctly?

Also another question, have you tested the rapid-fire on COD5?  I heard they had anti-turbo code or something.

Don't Worry, your only like the 1000000th person that's been asking me questions about this. Theoretically if you connected the L1/L2 TPs to Com1 then it should rapid fire the L1/L2.

Yes I have tested it on CoD5:W@W and it works great, I use it all the time, especially when playing zombies and I need a little support with the pistol or Carbine.

Offline Jussstin

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2009, 09:26:59 PM »
Don't Worry, your only like the 1000000th person that's been asking me questions about this. Theoretically if you connected the L1/L2 TPs to Com1 then it should rapid fire the L1/L2.

Yes I have tested it on CoD5:W@W and it works great, I use it all the time, especially when playing zombies and I need a little support with the pistol or Carbine.

Yep, I got it to work on the L2 trigger, i had to connect it to the lower right ground/power terminals for some reason tho.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 09:52:49 PM by Jussstin »

Offline GBlaster

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2009, 07:41:57 PM »
Good to hear! Weird that you had to connect it to a different power and ground though.

Offline seriouslysilly

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2009, 08:28:44 PM »
Gblaster, just wanted to say thanks for this mod.

Tried it for the first time earlier today and worked out great!
Now I just have to get cod4 or another shooter :)

Also wanted to add that I played around with it in my dualshock and was able to fit it in without taking out the rumble.

Here are some pics of how I arranged the pieces and what parts I shaved from the controller.

Offline GBlaster

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2009, 08:57:41 PM »
I've managed to get the timer to stay in with the rumble. The trouble I'm having is getting the button to fit with the rumble as the rumble is right in the spot where the button goes. Great work though looks amazing. Glad to hear its working good for you.

Offline seriouslysilly

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2009, 09:16:27 AM »
yeah, i had to move the button a bit more so it would fit.  i have it lined up with the first knuckle of my middle finger.

what do you think about switches like this

should fit, but the only pain i foresee is making the hole for it.  other than a narrow file, i don't know how to make a square hole in the controller.

or something like this 

« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 09:34:58 AM by seriouslysilly »

Offline GBlaster

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2009, 02:56:18 PM »
Those micro-switches should fit in with the rumble. You wouldn't need a square hole. you can just hot glue the button into place. It should be able to squeeze between the rumble and the case.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal