Author Topic: Huh?  (Read 1546 times)

Offline WatIis

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
Huh?
« on: November 01, 2008, 09:29:35 AM »
Hey everyone, i have a wierd question. I was modding a psp for a customer of mine, and he wanted 4 sound reactive LEDs. I had them all in there, tested and working, and went on to work on the dual nub. After i had tested the dual nub, i looked up at the triggers and realized they stopped working(i didnt even notice til then). I felt the back of the PSP, and where the LM386 was, it was all hot. Anyway, i thought there was something wrong with the LM386, so i switched it out for a new one. I put it together, tested it, blah blah. I had it working and so i put it all back together. I was testing the whole system out, seeing to make sure everything worked, and right in the middle of testing, they went out again. I think it is something to do with the sound amp, but im not sure if the LEDs are just frying or what. Plz help!

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
Re: Huh?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 09:38:28 AM »
Hey everyone, i have a wierd question. I was modding a psp for a customer of mine, and he wanted 4 sound reactive LEDs. I had them all in there, tested and working, and went on to work on the dual nub. After i had tested the dual nub, i looked up at the triggers and realized they stopped working(i didnt even notice til then). I felt the back of the PSP, and where the LM386 was, it was all hot. Anyway, i thought there was something wrong with the LM386, so i switched it out for a new one. I put it together, tested it, blah blah. I had it working and so i put it all back together. I was testing the whole system out, seeing to make sure everything worked, and right in the middle of testing, they went out again. I think it is something to do with the sound amp, but im not sure if the LEDs are just frying or what. Plz help!

Sounds like you wired it wrong and fried the LM386...

Offline WatIis

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 10:00:39 AM »
Would it still work for even a little bit if i wired it wrong though? Its im not sure wat side of my LEDs are which, so i just soldered them on and they always work. would an LED work for a little bit if it was wired backwards?

Offline LaCozTe-2028

• BANNED
  • E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I love My Lacoste shirts
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 10:09:30 AM »
same thing happend to me added more resistors on the + and it worked

try droping it again
my retared friend fixed by droping it
 1Sniper- not to be an :censored: but, its special friend

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 11:31:36 AM »
yup either some resistors are wrong and its recieving too much power or you swapped the power with another pin and the power is being sourced to another pin on the chip where it shoudln't. check all wiring is correct and if it is then try put a resistor between the power source and the power pin on the lm386.

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 11:36:36 AM »
Would it still work for even a little bit if i wired it wrong though? Its im not sure wat side of my LEDs are which, so i just soldered them on and they always work. would an LED work for a little bit if it was wired backwards?

If you dot know what side of an led is which how to you end up being a modder for hire?

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2008, 11:56:28 AM »
If you dot know what side of an led is which how to you end up being a modder for hire?
There's a lot of smd leds without any orientation marking on them. That little line on the bottom, or the arrow/line? Not there.

Offline Alien_X

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2008, 12:03:26 PM »
There's a lot of smd leds without any orientation marking on them. That little line on the bottom, or the arrow/line? Not there.

Depends on who is manufacturing them, and for what purpose - Whether they are supplied to industry or to the public.

Anyway, I reckon you could tell by looking at the lens through a microscope, I Will have a look later.

Sigs by Alien_X
www.ax-elec.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal