Author Topic: Something wrong with my PSP Phat, Help please.  (Read 1275 times)

Offline Takeshi

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Something wrong with my PSP Phat, Help please.
« on: November 05, 2008, 11:05:28 AM »
Hi,
I got a PSP phat, and it works fine when I'm not playing video games. But as soon as I try to play a game the analog or maybe the x-pad locks the down button and the character only moves backwards or doesn't move at all.
Let me explain it in a different way because it's kind of hard to tell without an example:
Let's say that I'm playing a fighting game "Street Fighter" when the fight begins my character crouches and stays in that position and doesn't move from there at all. In FPS games it moves backwards only. What is causing this problem and is it possible to solve??

Offline Knightsofwar210

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Knightsofwar210site
Re: Something wrong with my PSP Phat, Help please.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 11:47:48 AM »
Uh it's probably your analauge stick, mine just started to do that too so I bought one for 3.50$ at dealextreme, very easy to replace.

Offline thanks28

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • "Only the Best"
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 12:34:51 PM »
yeah its your analog stick i just replaced my brothers because his was doing the same thing its a cheap fix
"Only the Best"

Offline crazyl69

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 09:46:05 PM »
    Its not the analog stick but the analog stick silicon block connector to the mobo. Unless there is physical damage to the analog stick, it's usually the silicon block. I've also experience this problem and the way I have fix this problem requires a bit of solder. Apply a small dab of solder to each of the brass contact points of the analog stick. Make sure that each of the freshly applied solder is of the same amount because this will make the difference between working or not. By doing so, this causes the analog stick to apply even firmer pressure to the silicon block onto the mobo. Definetely no need to replace either the analog stick or the silicon block. I hope this help!!!!

Offline thanks28

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • "Only the Best"
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 07:04:12 AM »
crazyl69 is right but for beginners or someone who just doesn't want to do as much work you can just replace the analog stick....but either option will fix the problem
"Only the Best"

Offline crazyl69

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 08:24:20 AM »
    Thank you Thanks28 for your reply. You're right about being a beginer. Either part ( the analog stick or the silicon block ) can make a difference. Normally the silicon block is the problem as it tends to shrink or loose its shape from time to time causing the contact points to slightly separate between each ends. This will cause an odd ball effect on the direction of the analog stick were to the left direction, it appears to move find but to the right it moves slow, or either way. Anyway, I was just trying to let them know that there is a fix without having to spend money on parts.

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 05:19:30 PM »
Apply flux on the gold tabs, apply solder, so if easly goes on with fruztation
then you add 4 wires to each contact

or you could replace the rubber piece and or anolog
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal