Author Topic: rapid fire for my arcade control panel?  (Read 1936 times)

Offline Buick455

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
rapid fire for my arcade control panel?
« on: November 05, 2008, 01:56:56 PM »

ok, unlike the vast majority of you im not looking to mod my console im interested in adding a turbo button to my DIY arcade cabinet control panel i built a few years back and this sleeper pic thingy (dont mind me, im a noober) looks as tho it will be a great solution.

I tried the 555 method and for lack of better terms it blows.. between tunning the pots just about every time i want to use it, having to use a seperate button all together (instead of a momentary tact that turns it on or off), and the amount of BS caps and pots and connections it has me at wits end.

i have read through a few tuts for programing these things (all seem to use diff methods) and i figured you would all be the best to ask where i should start.. keep in mind i already have a USB programer and 12F683 chips (plural, b/c ill prolly cook some, lol) on the way as i type this.

basicly all i want to do is:
1. Have a momentary tact switch that will turn the turbo on and off, and also change the timmer waveform state (rapid, really rapid, wicked rapid, and holy crap im out of ammo)

2. Have the SAME button that is used in Turbo mode be the normal button on the control panel (untill about 3 days ago an extra button was duct taped to the cab for the 555 timer method

3. Not inportant but would look cool, have an LED that flashes so you can tell what mode its in and the led turn off when turbo is off.

as far as i can tell the uber trackball i bought from happ controls ages ago is nothing more the an upside down mouse with a 3" ball and momentary switches for the left and right buttons.. it connects to the motherboard with a normal USB connector and is detected as a Mouse.. any help would be greatly appreciated  :beg:  if ya have any questions please dont hesitate to ask

i have played with a scripting language sorta like java in the past, donno if this will help me at all in this case.. lots of states, "if(statements)" etc.. i would love to write the code myself, but I have relized that i learn best when reading through heavly commented code, lol.. correct me if im wrong, but I also dont think the rapid fire you guys are useing for your Xbox and Wii controllers would be a drop in solution for me..

this is the trackball http://www.happcontrols.com/trackballs/565600xx2.htm
if posting a link isnt alowed please let me know

Thanx in advance

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
Re: rapid fire for my arcade control panel?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 04:17:19 PM »
ok, unlike the vast majority of you im not looking to mod my console

I hope you mean 'case modding'.

Anyway, here: http://www.mediafire.com/?apthneykqfp

It is exactly what you described.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline Buick455

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: rapid fire for my arcade control panel?
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 08:09:17 PM »
Thanks hazer, I’ll give that one a try as soon as my programmer and chips show up... either way though I would like to try and learn asm or something so that I can continue to use the programmer instead of it just sitting in a box in the closet :laughing: what would be the easiest to learn coming from java like language in the past or is asm really my best option.. Seems like a lot of hex involved in the coding right of the bat, but if asm really is the most fruitful method to learn I will go for it... any good tuts? Prefer ones that can be used with the 12f683 since I ordered enough of them, lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal