Author Topic: Any one picking up GoW 2?  (Read 3099 times)

Offline ukeADDICT

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Any one picking up GoW 2?
« on: November 05, 2008, 08:40:48 PM »
Considering it's 3rd person POV compared to traditional FPS's Gears is not for everyone.  However, I was wondering who is gonna pick up GoW 2 and if it is worth it.  Horde should be fun and the campaign looks far better and has a deeper story than the first GoW.  So I was just wondering who is gonna pick this up.

Offline StealthedHunter

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Can't See me
Re: Any one picking up GoW 2?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 09:21:50 PM »
I am 100% getting it tomorrow night at 12. I loved GoW1, and this one looks a whole lot better. Yuo would think the 3rd person element would feel weird, but it is really smooth gameplay acutally. I dont know too much about the campaign because I never play singleplayer modes on games I only play multipleyer, but Alot of people told me the campaign for gears 1 was awesome and G4 said Gears 2 singleplayer is supposed to be twice as good. Anyways I am definately picking it up. I also know of at least 5 other people within 10 minutes of my house getting it. Porbably closer to 10 actually

Offline ukeADDICT

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 01:36:14 AM »
Don't forget about thecode for the  gold platted hammerburst.  I was fortunate enough to get an my code early. But GoW 2 should be fun.  Graphics, game play and mulitplayer should be awesome.

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 06:30:35 AM »
My room mates and I are gonna rent it in a week or so, get all the campaign achievements and back it goes to blockbuster

Offline gameroms

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 06:48:23 AM »
ive had it for a week, wifes manager of a chain retail shop.  not to impressed.  so far 007 is best release in past few mts.

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 12:40:24 PM »
IM GETTING IT IN A FEW HOURS!!!

im going to the midnight mayhem at the mall for my gold hammerburst ontop of my gold lancer

im a bit psycd. ive been counting down the hours since i woke up this morning 6 am est

im problly gonna be up for another 62 hours after i get it

Offline StealthedHunter

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Can't See me
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 01:20:52 PM »
ya im goign to gamestop tonight at 12 XD

Offline ukeADDICT

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 02:32:37 PM »
ive had it for a week, wifes manager of a chain retail shop.  not to impressed.  so far 007 is best release in past few mts.

Sounds like I gatta try the 007.  I remember the one for the N64 and that was fun.  Using the magnum was my favorite.  But by the looks of it, some people are gonna pick this up.  It all depends what you are into.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 02:53:15 PM »
I agree with reaper, I will rent it for a week get the achevements and off it goes, I was not fond of the last one.

the 007 game is great just bought it yesterday, the 007 single player mode is tuff as  :censored:

endwar demo was cool too but I want to rent it first aswell

CoD:WaW is out tuesday that will be sweet, but I am not that impressed with the beta. hope they fix some stuff. I doubt it will do as good as CoD4. but wel shall see

Offline StealthedHunter

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Can't See me
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2008, 09:40:01 AM »
well i got GoW it is ok. They screwed the shotgun though. Plus the matchmaking system is pretty slow but might just be because the game just came out and not enough peopel are online yet.

I havent tried campaign because i h8 single player in games. The live gameplay is pretty good, but if you didnt like the online gameplay of the first one you wont like this one. Also if you did like the first one you will like this one after you get used to it. I am not gannage3t 007, but most likely anna get COD WaW,probably not the day it comes out though because i have no more money and it comes out in like 4 days or so

Offline taylorclark

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!
    • myspace
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 05:59:27 AM »
I got it two nights ago. Freakin amazing. This totally kicks the crap out of halo. I got it used for $45 too :D
Gamertag- titan501x

Offline Max_Kreeger

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 09:44:49 AM »
Defiantly worth getting. Campaign is the best I ever played,  :censored:ing awesome. Funny, Sad EVERYTHING! Online GAMEPLAY is awesome to, but the online system is crap I once waited 34 minutes and 25 seconds to start a game (yes I timed it lol) but once your playing its awesome.

Offline Hackman457

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • HackAttackaMacka
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 08:04:41 PM »
GOW2 is pretty awesome but there is some cursing but the programmers made the shotgun fire farther so u can snipe with shotguns if ur good  :boxed:

Offline shadymnms

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2009, 10:14:11 PM »
GOW2 is pretty awesome but there is some cursing but the programmers made the shotgun fire farther so u can snipe with shotguns if ur good  :boxed:

Uh... yeah shotguns do that at close range...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal