Author Topic: please direct me to the right wifi card  (Read 2459 times)

Offline tonycjr23

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
please direct me to the right wifi card
« on: November 06, 2008, 12:33:04 PM »
well the time has come i dropped my psp and got the dreaded wifi internal error code and through my research on  the net ive come to the conclusion that my wifi card is bad so now my question is which one do i need to buy, theres about 3 or 4 different ones ive found on ebay the ta-79 ta-80 and the like, im at a loss because i would really hate to loose my psp its a phat and i have big hands, also is there any way to test the cards without taking the psp apart i have the tutorial by kenshinn to take it apart but still have my fears about opening it and not having it work again like so many things ive taken apart before

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: please direct me to the right wifi card
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 12:44:17 PM »
Your gonna have to take you psp apart to replace the wifi card, once you've taken it apart you'll be able to tell which wifi card is compatible with your motherboard as it will say on the motherboard in a few areas. If your afraid of taking it apart then have a modder for hire fix it for you, if you live in the Uk i can do it, if you live elsewhere such as the US then there are many modders available there.

EDIT: To check which wifi card you'll need without taking the psp apart you can open the umd door, and check if there is any writing on the left hand side on the motherboard something like "IC0804" or something. if there is writing then you'll need the Ta-082 wifi card, if there is no writing then you'll need the Ta-079/081.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 12:49:02 PM by Nemesis »

Offline Cookie Monster

• I SMELL SOMETHING
  • CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • GIMMIE COOKIE
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 01:59:32 PM »
if you don't want to take your psp apart you could try http://pspupdates.qj.net/MacFixer-PSP-WiFi-MAC-address-fixer/pg/49/aid/103342 before you change and you will have to use it afterwards anyway coz the psp and wifi boards will have different addresses
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 02:02:53 PM by shadowdawg101 »

thanks toad and indy for the sigglys

Offline tonycjr23

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 11:27:39 AM »
so do you think the mac address is all effed up in my psp because when i scan for a network the green wifi led doesnt even come on and my psp has never ben opened or modded in anyway other than software

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 12:54:09 PM »
Possibly. Also, all you need is DCv7 as it comes with an idstorage fixer and one of the idstorage fixer's option is MAC address repair.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 03:27:45 PM »
I had that message on my psp a few times after I dropped it. I had no idea what it meant. It eventually sorted itself out.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal