Author Topic: +-----Another Help me topic error: E-74------+  (Read 1595 times)

Offline m@DDm!k3

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • destined for the worst luck in modding
+-----Another Help me topic error: E-74------+
« on: December 01, 2008, 07:05:23 PM »
I just got the system error and i need a quick solution no one is really helping they just say to call microsoft but after tons of times of saying it i want to do it myself and any help will be appreciated thx :help:

*dont post a comment telling me to call MS or replace my 360 this is acidmods cmon

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: +-----Another Help me topic error: E-74------+
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 07:42:18 PM »
"E74: There is high chance it's a scaler chip problem (the "ANA" or "HANA" chip near the AV cable connection) it can also be caused by a faulty AV cable so check that first. In some cases it is a problem with the GPU and may be repairable by doing the x-clamp replacement (see error 0102)"

Try a new A/V cable. If not, try the X-Clamp fix. If all else fails, it needs to be replaced except now you're out of the warranty...

Offline m@DDm!k3

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 08:53:12 PM »
thx kicks im trying the x-clamp rite now do i have to buy the paste to replace the old stuff? the av cables are fine i have two of them including one my friend is letting me borrow. do i have to wrap my 360 in towels when i let it bake

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 09:25:40 AM »
NOOOOOOO! No baking, like you said this is acidmods not barbies kitchen...lol  Kicks mentioned it being a scalar issue, and I have seen the same thing amongst a plethura of other issues. If you do the x clamp replacements, you must change your paste.  If you are handy with a soldering iron, I would first try to rework the ANA or HANA chip that kicks suggested.

I wouldn't mess with x-clamp replacement until you have tried every thing else you can(I won't hurt, as long as you are careful and use proper technique) Since it isn't RROD yet I wouldn't overheat anything as of now until you try the rework.

To rework ANA chip you can use a hot air gun(just hit the leads of the chip till the solder yellows a bit), or just wet all pins with a ton of solder so they all bridge then use a solder wick or a solder sucker to remove the the excess so it isn't bridged any more.

Offline gameroms

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 12:44:30 PM »
i can repair e74 long as you dont mess it up.

Offline m@DDm!k3

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 06:50:34 PM »
thx guys it turns out the paste i replaced it i didnt bake it and i also did the penny trick when you stick a stack of pennys in between the GPu cover and the chip so it stays in place

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal