Author Topic: LED's in all the buttons  (Read 1469 times)

Offline PhenomenalDesigns

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
LED's in all the buttons
« on: December 03, 2008, 08:59:09 AM »
I was going to mod my PSP with red leds in ALL the buttons (apart from home bar) including a clear joystick

Now, what I wanted to know was whether its better to have the buttons constantly on the faceplate? with wires just being tucked in when its done or better to have buttons constantly on the PCB?

P.S:
If possible, has anybody got any tutorials or pictures that could help me?

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline LaCozTe-2028

• BANNED
  • E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I love My Lacoste shirts
Re: LED's in all the buttons
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 05:20:47 PM »
Well there aint tutorials for everything after you learn how to use a ground and + properly its easy from there on and yes proper soldering skillz

try droping it again
my retared friend fixed by droping it
 1Sniper- not to be an :censored: but, its special friend

Offline PhenomenalDesigns

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 01:19:57 PM »
Well there aint tutorials for everything after you learn how to use a ground and + properly its easy from there on and yes proper soldering skillz
Nah thats not what I meant, ive modded dozens of psps before

Its just that, ive never added them inside of buttons, I wanted to know if its better to have the faceplate off, with buttons in constantly, but wires leading the the faceplate, or would it be better to have the buttons and rubber contacts constantly on the power board and D-Pad

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline iamoldest

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 03:05:03 PM »
havn't done it before... but in the cheap clear buttons that you get w/ your faceplate theres like cavitys in them so I would just put them in there and just wire each LED buy it self to the speakers or whatever your using as power source....

thats just how ive seen people do it....

good luck!   :clap:

Nah thats not what I meant, ive modded dozens of psps before

Its just that, ive never added them inside of buttons, I wanted to know if its better to have the faceplate off, with buttons in constantly, but wires leading the the faceplate, or would it be better to have the buttons and rubber contacts constantly on the power board and D-Pad

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 04:29:58 PM »
havn't done it before... but in the cheap clear buttons that you get w/ your faceplate theres like cavitys in them so I would just put them in there and just wire each LED buy it self to the speakers or whatever your using as power source....

thats just how ive seen people do it....

good luck!   :clap:

He knows that he just wants to know whether to keep the buttons in the faceplate or the powerboard..

The first time i did it was on a customer's psp and i had them on the powerboard.
But i would ask 4dP he does AMAZING jobs with this mod

Offline thanks28

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • "Only the Best"
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 11:16:14 PM »
Well it is easier to do it if you put the buttons on the pcb and out of the faceplate, but either way it will come out the same in the end. Just being out of the faceplate and in the open makes it easier to work with.
"Only the Best"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal