Author Topic: triger mod help  (Read 1159 times)

Offline buickgnx

• gba modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • www.MactasticMendezisawesome.com
triger mod help
« on: December 03, 2008, 04:39:11 AM »
every time i do it it works untill i put the faceplate on then it stops working.

PsychoticWolf , MactasticMendez and Skullmaster, mike and 802Chives (and all the others:) are the Best Admins On ACIDMODS

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: triger mod help
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 09:00:45 AM »
Maybe it's a short. Are you wrapping your soldered connections in heat shrink wrap or electrical insulation tape? It could also be that there is too much pressure on the wires, make sure you wire arrangement is fine and is not getting a lot of pressure especially from the lcd cage

Offline DarkShot

• I approve your mom
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ÜBERRAPESKILLETS
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 10:16:30 AM »
If you soldered to the speakers, the issue may be that the speaker connection is being grounded bu the lcd brace (the faceplate adds additional pressure to it).

That was one of the issues I had. I resolved it by using 2 small pieces of tape over the speaker connections (while the speakers are in). That should help.

Offline buickgnx

• gba modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • www.MactasticMendezisawesome.com
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 02:44:23 PM »
sould i soder it to the top or the botom of the board?

PsychoticWolf , MactasticMendez and Skullmaster, mike and 802Chives (and all the others:) are the Best Admins On ACIDMODS

Offline thanks28

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • "Only the Best"
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 11:22:57 PM »
You can solder to either side you just have to make sure when you run your wires that you don't have them pinched somewhere. A friend of mine was having the same problem "where the lights worked until he put the faceplate on" all I had to do was move his wires and add a lil electrical tape and everything worked just fine. Just make sure its not shorting on your lcd cage or connecting with a screw when you are putting the faceplate back on.
"Only the Best"

Offline staxx

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 04:05:20 AM »
Same as thanks suggested...make sure your wires arent placed where youre screwing any screws in.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal