Author Topic: I'm having issues understanding how circuit's work and installing LED lights :[  (Read 3639 times)

Offline Darkzero

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
First off, I read through all the tutorials that you guys posted, and I understand them for the most part. There's just areas of confusion for me that I really need cleared up.

My first place of confusion is regarding the LED trigger mod. The tutorial maker posted this picture:

Instead of soldering the Negative wire there.. Why can't I just solder it somewhere in the ground space that is mentioned in this picture (it says "This whole area is ground plane"):
http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n384/ALien_X_2008/pwrbrd_front.png

And, If i can just solder it to that ground plane, do i have to solder the wire onto one of those little holes?

My second question, after calculating my resistor, I need a 20ohm resistor..which doesn't seem to exist. Instead of a 20ohm resistor, can I use two 10ohm resistors?

My last question regards the amount of room available for extra LEDs. Most of the power source for the LEDs is that little patch of 3.6v+ red, right? It doesn't look like much..what happens when you run out of room?

Thanks for clearing things up.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 07:28:07 AM by Darkzero »

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
First off, I read through all the tutorials that you guys posted, and I understand them for the most part. There's just areas of confusion for me that I really need cleared up.

My first place of confusion is regarding the LED trigger mod. The tutorial maker posted this picture:

Instead of soldering the Negative wire there.. Why can't I just solder it somewhere in the ground space that is mentioned in this picture (it says "This whole area is ground plane"):

http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n384/ALien_X_2008/pwrbrd_front.png

And, If i can just solder it to that ground plane, do i have to solder the wire onto one of those little holes?

My second question, after calculating my resistor, I need a 20ohm resistor..which doesn't seem to exist. Instead of a 20ohm resistor, can I use two 10ohm resistors?

My last question regards the amount of room available for extra LEDs. Most of the power source for the LEDs is that little patch of 3.6v+ red, right? It doesn't look like much..what happens when you run out of room?

Thanks for clearing things up.

The LED's will never shut off. You would have to add an extra switch.

That or scratch some green off until you see copper and solder to that.

Yeah that will work fine :D

What? lol

Offline Darkzero

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0

I want to have like, 8 LEDs in my PSP total. I know there's no way i'm going to have enough space on that little itty bitty negative LED thing to solder so many wires to it. Where else can I connect the negative end to that will cut off the LEDs when the PSP is cut off?

And thanks for the help ^-^

Offline PhenomenalDesigns

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
I want to have like, 8 LEDs in my PSP total. I know there's no way i'm going to have enough space on that little itty bitty negative LED thing to solder so many wires to it. Where else can I connect the negative end to that will cut off the LEDs when the PSP is cut off?

And thanks for the help ^-^
Just make everything join together onto one wire, then that one wire goes to negative (Im assuming your putting those LED's in parrelell, but anyway a series would have one negative anyway)

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline Alien_X

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
You can solder anywhere in that ground plane, jumbo is wrong  :boxed:

Sigs by Alien_X
www.ax-elec.com

Offline Darkzero

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
Just make everything join together onto one wire, then that one wire goes to negative (Im assuming your putting those LED's in parrelell, but anyway a series would have one negative anyway)

I was planning on splitting up the mods though. I was going to do the trigger mod first, then the lighted ring mod at a later time. :l

Offline Minionki7

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
you could do your first mod then when you ready for the next one just melt some of the plasic off your wire where it will fit and solder another wire on that then put either heat shrink or electrical tape to prevent shorts. would look something like this:

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
You can solder anywhere in that ground plane, jumbo is wrong  :boxed:
I never said you couldnt you can but it will never shut off...

Offline Darkzero

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0

Are you sure? :/

Offline Minionki7

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0

yes he is sure...

Offline Alien_X

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0

You are wrong though.
It will shut off.

Sigs by Alien_X
www.ax-elec.com

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
You are wrong though.
It will shut off.

Only way is if he takes out the battery. That plane is always grounded. Unlike the trace that we tell yo to ground the leds on that is only grounded while the power led is on.

I am 100% positive i checked twice...

Offline Alien_X

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
Okay, but is the positive point always true?

Long time since I did this now though, so you could be right.

Sigs by Alien_X
www.ax-elec.com

Offline LaCozTe-2028

• BANNED
  • E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I love My Lacoste shirts
Just use your wifi switch to controle you leds wow

try droping it again
my retared friend fixed by droping it
 1Sniper- not to be an :censored: but, its special friend

Offline filipinofryrice

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • The Sky's The Limit
LaCozte can you post how to? I've searched and have only found microsoft paint looking pictures. Any other pictures would be great. I've been wanting to do this for awhile but can't get my hands on 0603 blue leds.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal