Author Topic: I'm having a problem with the LCD / MOBO Connector  (Read 2590 times)

Offline Sibobby1

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
I'm having a problem with the LCD / MOBO Connector
« on: December 10, 2008, 06:44:14 PM »
Any questions or anything I can add, Please feel free to ask me,
from what I have been told there is a Short, but I'm not sure where it is?
The ribbon cable (RIGHT) seems to go in SIDEWAYS from looking at my pictures, so i think maybe a pin is bent up? or something? Maybe you guys could help me.
Thanks a lot guys.

PLEASE CLICK THE LINKS BELOW THEY ARE VIDEOS AND CAN EXPLAIN A LOT MORE THAN PICTURES POSSIBLY!

http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd1/GameZephyr/?action=view&current=1210080255.flv
http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd1/GameZephyr/?action=view&current=1210080256.flv
http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd1/GameZephyr/?action=view&current=1210080300.flv
http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd1/GameZephyr/?action=view&current=1210080302.flv
http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd1/GameZephyr/?action=view&current=1210080305.flv
http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd1/GameZephyr/?action=view&current=1210080308.flv

« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 06:45:52 PM by Sibobby1 »

Thanks48

Re: I'm having a problem with the LCD / MOBO Connector
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 04:10:26 AM »
From the looks of it you just need to put a slim piece of electrical tape over the big connector for the screen then just take like a smaill griping pad cut a piece of it off and set it on top and pop the screen back in place turn on should work

Offline Sibobby1

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 09:28:48 AM »
From the looks of it you just need to put a slim piece of electrical tape over the big connector for the screen then just take like a smaill griping pad cut a piece of it off and set it on top and pop the screen back in place turn on should work

Whats a gripping pad? And what will the electrical tape do to it? From what I see one of the gold wires on the top that hold the black piece, popped out, I pushed it back in, then i opened it and closed it again, and it looks like it fell INTO the middle, with the other wires for the connectors so now i think theres a wire back there, forcing it not to go in :/

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 09:45:28 AM »
Whats a gripping pad? And what will the electrical tape do to it? From what I see one of the gold wires on the top that hold the black piece, popped out, I pushed it back in, then i opened it and closed it again, and it looks like it fell INTO the middle, with the other wires for the connectors so now i think theres a wire back there, forcing it not to go in :/
Is it still connected or it just broke and fell in.

It is pulled out and fell into it make sure the battery is out then take a piece of kynar or such and strip the end and put it in the connector and move it out.

If it is still connected maybe take a knife and push it up but make sure its not touching anything then put in your LCD.

What did you do to do this? LOL

Oh and you Backlight connector looks fine it should still work if you can push the pins down onto the cable and take the cable not the tab the cable its self to the mobo so it cant move.

Thanks48

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 07:07:56 AM »
Well really now that ive looked at the pics on the left side of the pic the cable aint pused in all the way cause the little black piece is sticking up on the left. Im pretty sure theirs ur problem

Offline Sibobby1

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 07:36:00 PM »
Well really now that ive looked at the pics on the left side of the pic the cable aint pused in all the way cause the little black piece is sticking up on the left. Im pretty sure theirs ur problem

Notice the spacing between the bottom contacts on the connector...
The part that was dipped has unequal distance between them, and one of the top pieces got into it, but that is no longer the problem, I was going to buy another fat psp from a friend, and goign to put in the motherboard, now i have a huge gap in that connector....

I guess this enriches the communities knowledge of how things work I guess though

If you notice on that white connector, there was a row or wires on top and in the middle (on bottom)

The top ones held the black tab, which closed on the cable, and the bottom ones actually made contact with the ribbon on the screen, from doing this, I learned that the Top and Bottom ones are connected, in a unique sideways "U" Shape, now what happened with me was that the pieces ended up like this "/|" and i took a flat head and tried to take it out which made it look like this "_|" So now there was a bump in the connector.
Example
|------------|--------|
|________|_______|

So if you were looking from the bottom of the PSP at this connector, there was a piece bent down into the middle area, I can try to model it out or something... The only hope i have with this PSP motherboard, is to take some 30 gauge wire and wire it from the spaces on their to the pins behind the connector, that is a good project and hey it might save the motherboard too... I highly doubt it though, that's a really small component.

Here is what it looks like now:

yeahh....... haha pretty bad, I mean i can try, im open to suggestions.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 11:03:10 PM by Sibobby1 »

Offline Arioch_76

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 11:53:55 PM »
Hi , or you can buy one connector HERE and replace your current connector....
I Come Back Soon, with new Mod, with my Longboat Prusa  :tup:

Offline Sibobby1

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 12:56:36 AM »
Hi , or you can buy one connector HERE and replace your current connector....

Excuse me, I looked at the shop and I haven't found the connector, can I have a URL Please? I'd appreciate it a LOT. Thanks!

Offline psp339

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0

Offline Sibobby1

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2008, 11:39:32 PM »
http://www.psxboy.com/328_PSP-LCD-Cable-Socket.html

Thanks a ton man, now the thing is, How can I remove the current one on my PSP now? the way im thinking is....
If you apply heat from the soldering iron on one of the pin behind it, you can't lift it off because of the other pins still connected... If you wouldn't mind answering, How would you de-solder all of those pins but i believe soldering them on would be pretty easy, allign it up to where the contacts are then just put heat to it and it will fall into the solder :]

Offline Sibobby1

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2008, 04:41:46 PM »
Hey guys, it looks like a fellow acidmoder has offered me a price on a new fat PSP, so yes i can replace the motherboard, sadly though, this adapter is the only thing keeping me from having 2 complete working PSP's..... Anybody know how i can De-solder this thing, its so small.... I am getting a pinpoint soldering iron in the near future, and for soldering a new connector back on from the site above, how would i make sure I don't bridge any of the contacts or whatever...?

Thanks for helping me out guys.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal