Author Topic: Xbox 360??  (Read 2065 times)

Offline lewson

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
Xbox 360??
« on: December 16, 2008, 10:02:07 AM »
I was given an xbox 360 with the E74 error to repair, i opend it up as i removed the 8 screws attached to the things that hold the xclamps in place i heard loads of items loose under the motherboard! i lifted out the motherboard just to find 8 nuts instead of x clamps, it looked like it had been repaired before but the warranty sticker was intact and it was brought brand new!
Pics:

Also there was some white thermal paste instead of the grey it was porly applied with bubbles!

I apologise for my puncuation, spellin and rubbish picture quality!

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
Re: Xbox 360??
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 11:12:13 AM »
I highly doubt that what you are looking at is a microsoft repair.  it is not impossible to keep warranty stickers intact and get into the xbox 360. I am not sure who's repair technique that is, but it is very doubtful it was M$.

But you never know  :dntknw:

Offline pm666drummer

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Myspace
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 08:26:14 AM »
Quote: "...it looked like it had been repaired before but the warranty sticker was intact and it was brought brand new!"

Reread that statement to yourself please, then tell me it makes sense

keywords: repaired , new
WNxh3av3nlyk1n9
xbox live: WNxheaven

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 12:25:26 PM »
ah.........brand new.............I c...............still my previous post stands.  I doubt M$ did it as we would be seeing this all over the place.

Where was it purchased? It very well could be a return...fix RROD...keep sticker intact......and bring it back and boom new 360 in one day not 3 weeks. (Highly Risky and very illegal)

I would file this in unsolved mysteries..............

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 12:52:06 PM »
Quote: "...it looked like it had been repaired before but the warranty sticker was intact and it was brought brand new!"

Reread that statement to yourself please, then tell me it makes sense

keywords: repaired , new
Uhm, there's nothing wrong with him post or that sentence, everything is correct and makes sense.

The inside looked like it had been [poorly] repaired, but, the 360 was bought brand new and the sticker was intact.
Nothing wrong with that. =P

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 03:08:32 PM »
aseembly line workers were :drunk: ^.^
btw cant u use like a blow drier or somthing to take the sticker off w/e voiding it or somthing like that?

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008, 06:49:18 AM »
aseembly line workers were :drunk: ^.^
btw cant u use like a blow drier or somthing to take the sticker off w/e voiding it or somthing like that?

There most likely exists a method for doing that, but you won't find it here.  There is no reason for keeping the sticker entact, unless you are planning to commit warranty fraud.  No matter how it is spun, decieving anyone with an entact warranty sticker is fraud.

Any discussion about committing, or the intent to commit warranty fraud is not allowed to be discussed in these forums  :boxed:

Offline crazyl69

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 11:36:57 PM »
     Well, I know that on ebay, you can get your hands on new warranty stickers for $10.00 a piece. I've seen it a few times.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2008, 04:30:22 AM »
     Well, I know that on ebay, you can get your hands on new warranty stickers for $10.00 a piece. I've seen it a few times.

what part of not open for discussion did you not understand. HELLO???????

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2008, 08:02:27 AM »
ya I wouldn't be suprized to see em some places, but believe me ebay will take them down and cancel them if you order.  Also you must realize that the type of people who sell these are usually of the criminal type. Not people you want to be associated with when the FBI gets involved.

This is not intended to be a scare tactic but more an FYI, there are several members around here that can vouch for the severity of this.  M$ in particular pays private investigators a lot of money to make sure that people dont do just this, and you guessed it the PIs contact FBI when they find out what is going on.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal