Author Topic: need help: portalble HDD dead?  (Read 1011 times)

Offline The End of A Heartache

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
need help: portalble HDD dead?
« on: January 04, 2009, 02:53:04 PM »
i been working on some clients computers mostly laptops
and usually i come across what is considered a "dead" HDD

in there consideration there no such thing as a "dead" HDD unless you smash a hammer through it or blow it up with an M80 firercracker

what makes them considered "dead" is bad sectors that causes the HDD not to be able to read and write or just write. usually can be fixed using fdisk or third party bootable software.

sometimes this thrid party software and fdisk are high quility format and thus wont be able to fix what is know as physical damaged sector

my problem is i have 3 portable 2.5 HDD that have physically damaged sector.

now i found a site where it states that due to the make of the HDD it is usually reversable to fix bad sectors through there manufacture site

the percentage of some brand or makes, in which there have the capabity not to be fix causing them to be knwon as "dead" HDD are as listed

MAXTOR -> 65%

SAMSUNG
FUJITSU   -> 35%

SEAGATE -> 15 TO 10%

((the higher the percentage the less likely they can be rescraped and referbished like new))

now i have 3 HDD

one form samsung
&
two from fujitsu

ive tryed countless bootable bad sector repairer

including

hiren bootable cd v9.7
HDD regenerator v. 1.51
bootable disck v 2.0

this third party software offer a full level of HDD recover from bad sector where as hiren bootable cd adds more addition of repairing plus anitvirus and system unlocking.

But what i need is a low-lvl also known as "mid-lvl" format software that can be mounted and burned and be a bootable software

does anyone know how or where i can find such software so i can regenerate this HDD

ive tryied looking at the manufactures site and even torrents and freeshare sites and forum... some point to a site but the site is either blocked off or down.

i really need this software or any knowledge of low-level format please :beg:
...emo freak out! >.< ........

random is fun

Offline blackburn

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Xbox 360 Enthusiast and JTAGer
Re: need help: portalble HDD dead?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 01:02:20 PM »
try Acronis Boot Disk, search it in google, that disk fixes all my problems  :drunk:  :#1:

All Sigs Made by ME!

Offline The End of A Heartache

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
Re: need help: portalble HDD dead?
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 02:20:58 PM »
it didnt fix any of mine, i have a copy already i DL it from demonoid.. all it can do is create a partiton over the corrupted sector and hope it all formats.

.took two days and still it has a problem in sector 0 to 650... i dont know if theres anymore software out there that can fix this delema...

if there anyone that knows anything about physical damaged sector and how to correct them please let me know. :beg:.

eventually ill get a new HDD..they are selling a seagate 320gig   for 60 bucks so i might have to go shopping for two
...emo freak out! >.< ........

random is fun

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal