Author Topic: New light gun for PS3?  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Innovative

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
New light gun for PS3?
« on: January 07, 2009, 10:32:56 PM »
Like many, I have been disappointed by the lack of a decent light gun for the PS3, so I'm wondering if its possible to build one...

Is it possible to use the components from the Guncon 3, the Dual shock 3 and an airsoft rifle?

The main platform would be the Dual Shock 3, and then just rewire the existing buttons on the airsof rifle (admittedly a bit fiddly, but possible, even if you have to use alternative microswitches). I also assume there must be similarities between the Guncon3 technology and the Dual Shock 3, so at a theoretical level it is possible to use the motion detector from the Guncon3?

The main advantage of using the Dual Shock 3 as the main platform would be that the final rifle will be able to be used on any PS3 game as the buttons are the same...... just positioned differently, and on an airsoft rifle

Would really like to hear any thoughts you guys have.... Tks!!

Offline blackburn

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Xbox 360 Enthusiast and JTAGer
Re: New light gun for PS3?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 10:54:24 PM »
this would be possible, but a pretty difficult task, due to you you would have to re-wire every button on the controller, or i guess you might be able to just get the membrane (if its the plug in type, like a original sixaxis controller) and stuff it in the controller and re wire the buttons you want, because if the controller doesnt recognize all the buttons, it freaks out and causes the controller to push hundreds of random button presses non stop.

All Sigs Made by ME!

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 11:45:51 PM »
instead of the using dualshock 3 I would suggest using a 3rd party controller for this.  Most of them don't have that hard to mod ribbon cable setup that the dualshock and sixaxis do.  And depending on which one you get you can also have the motion in too. Or you can get a older wireless ps2 controller (if you don't need the motion) and just get an adaptor.  The ps2 method is better as it's much easier to hack.
Dealextreme sells a bunch of them
www.dealextreme.com

Offline LaCozTe-2028

• BANNED
  • E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I love My Lacoste shirts
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 07:15:47 AM »
i also recommend 3rd party controllers or if you want it to be easier you could buy a used duallshock and look for its pin outs on the internet

try droping it again
my retared friend fixed by droping it
 1Sniper- not to be an :censored: but, its special friend

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal