Author Topic: Shipping products to the UK??  (Read 786 times)

Offline SkePtical

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Shipping products to the UK??
« on: January 26, 2009, 09:00:56 AM »
Wow this question sounds stupid and it's probably written somewhere already, but i can't find it so here goes.

I want to buy the Wiimote Rapid Fire Kit, but do Acidmods ship to the UK? Also, will the kit work on my wiimote, is there any sort of 'region lock'? lol, thanks for answering if you can, im trying to get into modding but there are hardly any places that sell mods in the UK.

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Shipping products to the UK??
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 09:16:00 AM »
Yes they do ship to UK, and yes it should work aswell. I know, it's a pain finding things here in the UK lol.

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
Re: Shipping products to the UK??
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 09:39:33 AM »
Yup, KingMike is really good about shipping to wherever you need it.  Sometimes there are issues with rules and regulations that pertain to your country's import export laws, but most of the time that just means it takes longer.  Mike has been dealing with moving as well as a postman with sticky fingers, so some people have not been getting their orders as quick as we would like.  I spoke with him today and he has straightened it all out, and looks like he will be back to normal at the end of the week :tup:

As far as I know wii controllers are all made equally, the only thing that pertains to regions is the video output for PAL vs NTSC.  That means the games themselves are coded for the particular output.  This is just another way to screw you as it has been shown that the wii can play both type of formats, just it is locked through software:
http://intendo.wordpress.com/2007/02/28/trick-you-pal-wii-to-play-ntsc-gnc-games/
there is also a bootloading program that you can download and burn to disc that helps get around the region stuff, however I cannot say whether or not is works well. a bit of googling shows mixed results.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal