Author Topic: uninstall the game updates in xbox 360  (Read 1722 times)

Offline everlast4291987

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
uninstall the game updates in xbox 360
« on: January 27, 2009, 09:53:12 AM »
this would remove i think all the game update it does work i found this on youtube i tried it but did not allow it to remove my game update so if you wanted to remove them heres how
on your 360 go to your system tab and then then go to memory/hard drive  press "y" it should then have the options to rename or reformat just enter this code "X,X,LB,RB,X,X" and it will ask you to do maintenance on the hard drive if you want to uninstall game updates goahead it will remove all of them. if not do do it
q/a's

..-----QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS-----....

Q) Does this erase game saves, game data, user accounts or the like?
A) NO! This erases the cache, a small supply of memory seperate from the game saves. This removes only the updates and does not touch the game accounts or the like.

Q)Can I get the updates back later?
A)Yes. Everytime you boot up the game you will be prompted to either install the updates or to not install them.

-------------------------------

Q) Does this erase downloaded content such as map-packs?
A) NO. This does not affect those downloads. If the download, such as Shivering Isles, contains the update in the download and you remove the update then problems can occur. However, this does not touch your downloaded content in any way.

-------------------------------

Q)Why can't I connect to Xbox Live when the updates are removed?
A)The updates either make the gameplay fairer or repair bugs in the system. You must install the updates for the game you are on to go online.

Q)Does this update remove only one update?
A)It removes ALL the game updates for every game on your console.

Q)Can I install an update for only certain games?
A)Yes. You get prompted to install the updates for the game you are currently playing. This allows you to do certain glitches on one game, and go online or play the patched version on others.

Q)Will it stay like this forever?
A)No. The updates can be removed and added asmuch as you want.

Q)Where did you find this 'code'?
A)I googled and went on the Xbox website. I am one of many people who is bothered to do their own research.

Q)Is it a glitch?
A)No. A glitch is something that the developers didn't add into the software or hardware. This 'code' was added by Microsoft to clear the cache and updates.

Q)Will clearing the cache make the game load quicker or work better?
A)I would doubt it, but I havent seen any evidence either way. The cache is a store of data which can be loaded by the software quickly. When you browse images they are stored as temporary files (in your cache) and will load quicker in the future. So having a cache should help with speed. But, if your cache is full of data from lots of other games then it might not work aswell as having a cache full of data from one game. So if you clear the cache then play one game there would be a bit of a performance increase, though minimal.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: uninstall the game updates in xbox 360
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 01:16:55 PM »
Why would someone want to clear the updates if they can't play any more?
Is there, like, something good to come out of this?

Someone explain please lol

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 01:23:18 PM »
that only works if your offline anyways. cuz if your online and you go back in after the clearing of the cache it will just make you update again anyways.

Offline L33T Pastrami

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 07:40:47 PM »
Why would someone want to clear the updates if they can't play any more?
Is there, like, something good to come out of this?

Someone explain please lol

The purpose for clearing updates is to do game exploits or cheats that have been been patched such as getting out of maps or infinite ammo or money. Then once they get whatever it is they desire, they dl the update so they can play on XBL with their new-found advantage.

Consoles:
PSP SLIM 5.00M33-6
XBOX 360 iXtreme 1.41 FW
  and custom paint, LED Whisper Max, Reed Switch    power button with swapped RO

Offline everlast4291987

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 12:38:21 AM »
well thats true what everyone saying that you could cheat and im not sure about the cheat as i know that other people have used this to there advantage.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 05:00:44 AM »
Ohhh that makes sense! Thanks guys

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal