Author Topic: wtf happened?!?!  (Read 998 times)

Offline gamerdude767

• Blogs & Media Member
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
wtf happened?!?!
« on: January 27, 2009, 10:00:22 AM »
hey im modding a 360 controller with rapid fire (no chip method) and changing leds from green to blue.. ok well i added the rapid fire button and it works  :tup: then i unsoldered 1 of the leds and place a blue 1 on then soldered it it didnt work nor did any of the other leds  :cry2:  (i can post any pics as my cam doesnt work)

Quote from: H-Sauce
**Long Pause**........
Yup, thats better than balloons

Offline Tross2008

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: wtf happened?!?!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 10:16:09 AM »
if im correct all the leds are in parrellel and by takeing out the first led the rest wont turn on. try to see if the controler will still connect to your 360.

P.S. You should buy a chip.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 10:36:27 AM »
if you take out one the rest of them will still function, I know this from my own mistakes LOL.

the problem you describe is very strange I too am scratching my head saying WTH

are you sure the controller is still functioning, and you are positive it is just the led's that dont work?

you are going to need to post pics, some how some way.

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 06:45:38 AM »
if the leds were in series, a failed led would cause the whole string not to work.  They are in parralell in this case which means that removing one or having one fail will not effect the others. (old xmas lights were in series hence why you had to find the blown bulb to make em work. new xmas lights are in parrallel so if a bulb blows it doesnt effect the others)

I am going to guess that there is a short either in the led you installed or around your installation.  Remove it and try it again.  The reason why a short would cause all the leds to stop is that you are effectively removing them from the circuit.

piccys would be nice

Offline Max_Kreeger

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 07:30:20 AM »
Yeah there's a short somewhere...I know from experience...Lucky I had Chives to help me lol.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal