Author Topic: Magic Memory Stick Problem!  (Read 1523 times)

Offline crazyl69

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
Magic Memory Stick Problem!
« on: January 29, 2009, 12:45:51 PM »
     I have a 512mg Sandisk memory stick that I would like to turn into a magic memory stick. That would install CFW 3.71m-33. I know that this a bit out of date but I accidentally formatted the memory stick and now I'm trying to find an installer program. I have two programs that I have tried out but no luck. One is call Pandora Deluxe that runs right out of windows xp and the other is a homebrew type of program, which also runs from windows xp. The homebrew program I've tried it once before and successfully turn the memory stick into a pandora stick. Now I'm trying it again and no luck. It installs CFW 3.71m-33. Actually, the program automatically did install the  files needed into the memory stick but when using it together with the pandora battery, the wifi and the memory stick LED's on the psp did not turn on. The other one is not quite Noob friendly and I wind up getting frustrated. I have also tried out the UPMS program but at no success as well. If any one knows of any other type of program or ways to help me out I would highly appreciate it. Thanks...

Offline Thorax

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: Magic Memory Stick Problem!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 04:52:43 PM »
Magic memory sticks only work with 1gb and up. Sorry.

Offline crazyl69

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 10:12:09 PM »
    Thanks for your reply but after searching here at AcidMods, I've learned from a post that a memory stick of 512mg is compatable enough to be used as a magic stick. Anywhere from 256mg to as high as 4gb. Anyway, I did also used a 1gb memory stick and no luck.

Offline crazyl69

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 11:16:55 PM »
   Good News! I finally was able to find the way to pandorize the 512mg memory stick which install the cfw of 3.71m-33. The problem was not what i was doing, is that the memory stick needed to be partitioned and relocate certain sectors within the memory chip. Formating the memory stick was not enough.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal