0 (0%)
KINDA.
0 (0%)
SOMEWHAT.
0 (0%)
NOT REALLY!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Dual Analog Nub swap question...  (Read 1311 times)

Offline thearkman2009

• Registered BST
  • E = MC²
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Designing Innovative Mods
    • SteelROMs
Dual Analog Nub swap question...
« on: February 01, 2009, 01:34:49 AM »
OK, I am going to ask for some help on this, because I am far too tired to think this trough, and although the answer is probably very simple, I would like some clarification.  This SHOULD be possible...

I have several broken PSPs laying around that I use for parts.  I have pulled apart one of the stock analog nubs, and was comparing it to the one that AcidMods makes.  My question is, since the original analog nub has 4 contacts, and the trances are built about the same, Where would I add a grounding point on the stock nubs board, and where would I cut or separate and rejoin the trances on the board, to make it funtion like the one from AcidMods.  (this would be useful for those of use with spare parts, but want to save some money, or come across this situation for some reason)

And also, where would be the best place to put the charging port (I have reasons why I dont want the USB charge mod, so I am going to keep the stock power plug)

Also, could someone tell me how to load pictures into my posts, I cant seem to get it to work! :help:

Offline Alien_X

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0
Re: Dual Analog Nub swap question...
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 02:10:20 AM »
Not possible.

Sigs by Alien_X
www.ax-elec.com

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
Re: Dual Analog Nub swap question...
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 05:22:25 PM »
The sony nub is analog. The buttons emit digital signals. The razor or A2D (Short for Analog to Digital) converts the analog into digital for use with the D-pad or action pads or anything that can you want to use it on as long as its digital.

Basically like Alien said its not possible.

For the plug you can put into the psp like this-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqvSHeaTs2E&feature=channel_page
But it would be a major pain. USB Charge is MUCH easier.

And lastly to upload pics here just upload them to a image hosting site like www.photobucket.com or www.tinypic.com and post the links in IMG tags. Its easy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal