Author Topic: help with tamiya model paint on trim  (Read 1775 times)

Offline tambayman

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
help with tamiya model paint on trim
« on: February 02, 2009, 05:44:39 AM »
im planning to paint the trim with tamiya model paint...

do i nid to sand off the silver layer in the trim or jus coating over it is ok??
how many coats do u nid to get a smooth finish?

for those who have experience in using this paint.... tips and suggestions plssss  :cry2:
(sorry for the wrong grammar... im not very good in english)

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
Re: help with tamiya model paint on trim
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 02:44:55 PM »
Make sure you have clear coat, otherwise the paint will scratch right off. Also, I'm pretty sure you're talking about psp trim, but please specify. Many things have "trim" that could be painted, not just the psp. I would say any amount of layers over 3 or 4 would be good. But remember to sand between layers. :victory: Also, as far as scraping off the silver, the paint should cover that. But before starting to paint, use some 800 grit sandpaper to go over the trim, because that will prep it for painting.

Thanks to HiddenVenom for the sig!

Offline tambayman

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: help with tamiya model paint on trim
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 04:46:27 AM »
Make sure you have clear coat, otherwise the paint will scratch right off. Also, I'm pretty sure you're talking about psp trim, but please specify. Many things have "trim" that could be painted, not just the psp. I would say any amount of layers over 3 or 4 would be good. But remember to sand between layers. :victory: Also, as far as scraping off the silver, the paint should cover that. But before starting to paint, use some 800 grit sandpaper to go over the trim, because that will prep it for painting.

thnx

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal