Author Topic: not sure if this has been done  (Read 1371 times)

Offline joey

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
not sure if this has been done
« on: February 10, 2009, 08:10:56 PM »
As I said I am not quote sure if someone has done this before but anyway I was poking around and I found out that if you solder a wire to the bottom of the wifi switch and to the 5.0v on the front of the psp (under the right speaker cable) you get 5.0v that turns off when the wifi is on and on when the wifi is off. (if you do it the other way you get problems with your wifi) I will only post pictures if of none has done this. And if they have this is just a reminder. So tell me if you want a tut or not. 

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: not sure if this has been done
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 08:28:20 PM »
wait... You're basically using your wifi switch as a switch for leds aren't you? Or am I reading this wrong...

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 09:29:48 PM »
It sounds like he is saying that he can control the actual 5 volts on and off. Usually the wifif switch only allows you to control the ground as the middle wifi switch spot is a ground.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline crazyl69

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 09:46:29 PM »
     Like it was already mention before, the wifi switch operates under ground polarity. Connecting a positive connection to the switch, will definately create a receipe for disaster. Besides, the 5.0v solder point location underneath the speaker wire plug is definately a switchable location.

Offline joey

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 04:21:58 AM »
 am talking about putting a wire from the bottom pin on the wifi and the +5.0v on the front. Not sure why you think it won't work because it does. I have 5.0v transitional LEDs hooked up to them right now and everything still works including the wifi.

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 06:56:33 AM »
Oh I get what your saying. If you hook the - of the LEDs to the wifi and the + to the 5 volt spot they can be turned on and off with the wifi switch. If you attached the wire directly without the leds, you would blow somthing up. This has been done before. And to let you know, it's not switching the 5 volts, it is cutting off the ground when the wifi is on.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal