Author Topic: Ricer/BoyRacer  (Read 1215 times)

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

Ricer/BoyRacer
« on: February 13, 2009, 02:52:00 AM »
We all know they exist generally young lads buy a car and for whatever reason decide to heavily modify them. Aesthetically, performance, ICE in the hope for some hard pumping bass and the highest societal downfall the Sporty bass tone from an aftermarket exhaust.

As a forum dedicated to console modification I would of presumed that there would be some understanding on the matter, here at acidmods we create unique modifications to either better the console or make it more aesthtically appealing in order to make it unique.

Personally, I feel a faster car that sounds good and has a nice looking interior is cool, I can't afford the new amazing cars so I have to resort to used from the 90's and then make it something I can say I like, that being said there is going over the top with off the shelf bodykits or adventurous exhausts which actually decresase the power increase, Removing the true need for one and replacing it as a simple annoyance.

I'll admit it my car has some alterations and I plan to do more but I ike to think of myself as an enthusiast or "Petrol Head" if you will. Basically I like the simple changes just to make it that bit more unique and have something that I like.

Removing the vinyls and decals This is somethign I like, admittedly I would change the lights, Alloy wheels and front grill. basically Rally Spec. Simplicity.

However this is too far. The apparent "show cars" They are supposed to be used on a daily basis to do the job they're went to. Drive.

Discuss.

Offline tmandt

• Club AM VIP
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • o.O tOny! JDMKID
Re: Ricer/BoyRacer
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 04:45:03 AM »
OMFG I HATE RICERS YO. I REALLY DO. i would love it if they keep it jdm. R.I.P to all the civics that got riced out :(

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 05:01:23 AM »
The real civic still sits wqithin though, Just waiting for a normal person to take it back to it's former glory, Unless it gets rapped round a tree.... :laughing: Nothign to laugh about my heart goes out to the families of the people who lsoe their lives in car crashes, Ricer or not.

Anyway it looks like the police intend to crack down more on the UK boy racer population, with the help of insurance companies they could have their liscences taken away because they haven't insured the mods, apparently even a new head unit needs to be made apparent to insurers.

With this we may start to see less and less riced up cars on the road which may even mean safer roads and more responsible drivers.

http://www.noclaimsdiscount.co.uk/news/art_display.php?show=200902101

That being said we may see more up and coming professional race drivers, If the law stops people from showing off, racing or whatever, then these people may resort to race tracks with proper rules and regulations. Someone could take down that tube Hamilton ...

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 05:11:17 AM »
see for me im not interested at all in these old cars and believe that you shouldnt waste money on them and just drive them into the ground and save up to be able to get a nice decent car when you are older - my dream car would be a high spec either american mustang, tuned bmw, brabus merc or just for the kicks a fast and the furious style tuned jap import like a nissan skyline

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 05:23:39 AM »
Im the same, I mena sure atm I have a '98 corsa 1.2 its nothing remotely good so I made ti a bit prettier lol
Because of insurance however I don't even bother thinking of anythign thats decent.
I mean sure I want an A3, Veilside RX-7 or A Ford Capri converted to be a fastback mustang replica but thats jsut all I have to work with, thats realistic yet still an outlandish dream. So i msut work with older cars
I mean at present I am saing up for a new car btu all i will eb able to afford in the loing run is still nto that good.
I mena in summer I hope to purcxhase a 1.6 '00 Corsa slap a turbo in it for kicks, Lower it 40mm, Remove the rear seats, Fit a roll cage thats built into shell, hard to explain, racing seats, Harnasses a killer sound system and some exterior aesthetic modifications, Some wide arches and have it smoothed. I mean it will cost a bit but I cant do much better jsut now =\

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 06:03:59 AM »
yeh i see where you comeing from - at the minute i got a 1.0L 2000 nissan micra in read and the only thig it has had changed snce it was taken out the factory was the radio and a cd changer put in - but all that was done by the previous owner all ive done is add an ipod dock so i can listen to my ipod

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline Skullmaster

• God Of Cars
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Admin Force, Co-Owner Wanna-be
    • Acidmods
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 10:17:56 AM »
Why modify a car? Just build one!  :tup:

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 10:21:04 AM »
speaking of which how's your progress on that thing?

Offline Skullmaster

• God Of Cars
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Admin Force, Co-Owner Wanna-be
    • Acidmods
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 10:27:10 AM »
Its coming along. I have it put away for the winter at the moment. I have just been collecting parts and that as of now untill the snow goes away so I can begin work on it again. Everything is mounted except for the body and the actual steering column. Then its just the matter of getting the engine to run which wont be hard since I just rebuilt it so it should fire right up.

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 10:50:28 AM »
What you gonna be running?

Offline Skullmaster

• God Of Cars
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0