Author Topic: Computer fans  (Read 1501 times)

Offline socomhacker239

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
Computer fans
« on: February 20, 2009, 05:53:36 PM »
I want to put fans in my computer but i have no connections for it so i was wondering where is a spot i can get power from. On the fan it self it says 12 volt dc it came from a older computer. Is therre any spot i can solder to or something like that thanks. Also off topic what does btw mean i have seen people post it alot but yet to figure out the meaning thanks.

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
Re: Computer fans
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 08:42:06 PM »
By the way = btw

And yes you do have at least one free psu (power supy unit) cable. If not most fans have molex conectors are able to be wired in paralel.

Offline socomhacker239

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 10:28:25 PM »
im must have overlooked something because i do not see any connecters :whoosh: oh and thank you for telling me about the btw sorry but another off topic question what about ftw ive seen that around here a couple of times.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 10:34:04 PM by socomhacker239 »

Offline DubbleDutch

• BlietZ Modding
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 10:47:45 PM »
im must have overlooked something because i do not see any connecters :whoosh: oh and thank you for telling me about the btw sorry but another off topic question what about ftw ive seen that around here a couple of times.

if you are using an older HD you can use the molex connector from the disc drive/hard drive
normally these casse fans have a female and male molex connector on them ;) so it's just a plug and play
this is a molec connector (male)

anyway ftw means For The Win

To all of you crying about lag and kicks, remember… when Jesus died, took him 3 days to respawn. Now THAT is lag.

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 10:49:11 PM »
for the win = ftw

And there may also be three pin power conectors on your mobo
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 10:51:58 PM by Tec_ »

Offline socomhacker239

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 03:09:39 AM »
Wait im totally confused the fans i have, Have no connections like that. I think its because the fan went to a cpu cooler. Ok well im going to buy a fan off of ebay. Also there is no where to mount a fan in my computer so im going to cut a whole and mount it . Does that mean my wasn't meant for a fan? Also thank you for the help and abbreviations. oh and there is only one 3 pin connector on my computer and my cpu fan already uses that.

Offline PsychoticWolf

• C.H.A.O.S Where art Thou.
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +27/-0
  • Team CYBER
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 05:24:57 AM »
Your Talking about Fans That use the 3pin Connectors On your Motherboard.. Not all Motherboards Support More than 1-2, 3pin Fan connectors The base the Motherboard will have is the CPU fan and One Case Fan 3pin connector on the Motherboard. Most people use The Molex cables from the PSU to power fans.

For the awesome Sigs Thanks goes to: Blazinkaos, Chef Boyardee
O o
/¯/________________________/
{ IMMA FIRIN' MA LAZAAAAAR!!!!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\
RyanF: lol im not that sick.  I don't feel like licking the s*** off a 40 year old guy's ass
RyanF: you want me to lick your crusty old buns dont you?
2/20/2012 at 08:55:34 PM

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 08:45:55 AM »
And like I said earler most 4 pin fans will come with a male and female conector so you can use it in parilel wilt somethng else in your computer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal