Author Topic: XBOX 360 HDD mod  (Read 1095 times)

Offline redrider

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
XBOX 360 HDD mod
« on: February 24, 2009, 07:09:18 PM »
I want to make a window in my 360 HDD and know how to do that but I also would like to put in leds to but I cantfind a tut for it?
Am i missing it somewhere or what? and if so could I get a link please?!  :dntknw:
thanks!
Pandora Pw3neD $ony

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: XBOX 360 HDD mod
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 07:17:48 PM »
I don't think there's any tut for it on this forum. It's pretty straight forward though... Just find a voltage point and a ground, find the right resistor, wire in some leds, glue them where you like them, and boom, a lit HDD! Although I'm not sure about pinouts, if the 360 is anything like the original xbox, you should be able to tap the molex connectors. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline crazyl69

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 08:51:37 PM »
   This might be able to help you out. Check out this link.. http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=498698

Offline Blacknight94

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 12:55:39 AM »
I don't think there's any tut for it on this forum. It's pretty straight forward though... Just find a voltage point and a ground, find the right resistor, wire in some leds, glue them where you like them, and boom, a lit HDD! Although I'm not sure about pinouts, if the 360 is anything like the original xbox, you should be able to tap the molex connectors. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

NOTHING like an original xbox. There are no 3 pin fan headers, nor molex connectors like the original xbox. Microsoft decided to screw us and make things tuff :)

Redrider, what you need is on the link that crazyl69 sent you. That is perfect, I love that forum :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal