Author Topic: Modder in ohio for help on certain mod  (Read 2685 times)

Offline lilunwl

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Modder in ohio for help on certain mod
« on: February 26, 2009, 10:09:07 AM »
Hello all I am a fairly new "modder". I have an idea for a 360 mod and would like to find someone close that would be willing to work out the details with me. I think that if we get it done the way im thinking I think it would be a pretty cool new mod. I have seen nothing like my idea and will keep whoever it is that helps me in mind when I get rich...Ha haha just kidding I know I wont get rich but I think alot of people might like the mod. So anyways if your from ohio and would like to get together with me let me know. I am in new philadelphia so the closer the better. Thanks !!

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
Re: Modder in ohio for help on certain mod
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 12:55:43 PM »
that is just weird
and i think this is in the wrong section since ur not hiring them just asking for help but IDK

thank u P3nnywise for the sig
"See you have to understand the difference. The difference between me and you is to you, this is your job. To me, this is my life. The club; that's my job. The mall; that's my job. Your neighborhood; that's my job. This studio; this is my life. This is what I do better than anything."

Offline lilunwl

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 01:19:07 PM »
Just weird?????????? Why is that weird? Maybe I think your weird for thinking thats weird........ Ha ha ha ha well if Im posting in the wrong place excuse me. Well anyways all of the above still applies but let me add I want to hire you give me a quote after we discuss what it is I need...... Is that better weirdo?

Offline treemty

• l,,l METAL l,,l
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Will mod for food
    • the1337group.com
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 01:30:20 PM »
Excuse me,
please do not start an argument
he was not calling YOU weird, he was jsut saying that what you were asking for was very strange,
it is quite rare that someone would actually want to meet you and discuss modding,
unless they are offered some $$$
tell them you would want to work something out on AIM or MSN first before they actually meet you in person
this is just my 2 cents

Offline j.s2ghetto

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GHETTO inside
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 03:42:32 PM »
Excuse me,
please do not start an argument
he was not calling YOU weird, he was jsut saying that what you were asking for was very strange,
it is quite rare that someone would actually want to meet you and discuss modding,
unless they are offered some $$$
tell them you would want to work something out on AIM or MSN first before they actually meet you in person
this is just my 2 cents

thanks
and i didn't mean anything by saying wat i did just saying normally ppl don't meet to discuss modding/help each other mod
i think it might be cuz i was raised not to talk/meet strangers
sorry if i offended u but thats just my view on this

thank u P3nnywise for the sig
"See you have to understand the difference. The difference between me and you is to you, this is your job. To me, this is my life. The club; that's my job. The mall; that's my job. Your neighborhood; that's my job. This studio; this is my life. This is what I do better than anything."

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 04:01:30 PM »
Agreed. I wouldn't randomly go to a random guy's house whom I've never met. Especially not alone. I'm also careful about giving out addresses, phone numbers, and calling strangers too. Just weird.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline lilunwl

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 08:41:07 AM »
No problem. I apologize. I have met several hundred people from online so i guess I just dont think about it that much. Im not saying im invinceable but the chances of someone stalking a mod forum to hurt or kill someone are pretty slim. Yes it could happen but defanantly not often. Now if I was a 15 yrd girl I might be a lil leary. But Im not im actually a 31 yrd man I dont think anyones interested in me to the point I need to worry about who I meet. But anyways back on topic. I do apologize to  j.s2ghetto for jumping the gun.
 My problem is that I have this idea for a really cool mod but really dont know that much about modding. I can do rapid fire mods and what not but thats about the extent off it. I have searched everywhere and have not seen anything like my idea. So I figured maybe I would be able to find someone to help me or to do it for me at cost or whatever.

Offline treemty

• l,,l METAL l,,l
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Will mod for food
    • the1337group.com
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 12:44:22 PM »
post it here

Offline lilunwl

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 06:42:36 AM »
So everyoneelse can beat me to making it? Ha ha ha I want the first one or atleast the second one. LoL After that I would probably put it out to the community. Dont mistake me. Its not some topsecret thats worth a million dollars,But it is an idea that I thought of and rather than a hundred people having it before me ill just be patient and if I never get it then I never get it.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 07:24:55 AM »
PM me with the idea, lets see if we can make it work, ask the guys here I allways give proper credit where it is due. if you do it through pm's it can be monitored buy the staff here and all posts can be removed.  otherwise please take this discussion to the modders for hire section, so the people who have real work to do can get something done. without this post that keeps jumping to the top of the board. a board of which it dont belong. dont get me wrong i would love to help you,as would some of our members, but you are not helping me help you. accusing our comunity for wanting to steel your idea is not right either.

Offline treemty

• l,,l METAL l,,l
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Will mod for food
    • the1337group.com
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 07:51:51 AM »
you can also PM me, I could probably give you a hand

Offline lilunwl

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2009, 08:08:26 AM »
Modded matt!! I had this post in the modders for hire and someone moved it here. Sorry for whoever moved it here and wasted your time. Ill take responsiblity for it. No biggy!! I dont understand sometimes when people talk a lil off topic and someone has to take off after them like its the end of the world. Yes there should be somewhat of organization when it comes to forums I understand completly. But its really not that "off topic". And what are you meaning when you say move this out of the  forum so people can get there work done? Im not stopping anyone from getting anything done. Yeah Im new here so my 2 cents dont mean jack but I think that comment was kinda silly. I did not by any means accuse any community of wanting to steal from me. Just said that if I posted it in open forum people would jump at it and make it before I even got mine made. And thats just the truth. Not saying anyone is a theif or anything but if some people see an idea and they like it there going to copy it. Look there has been many posts about people taking ideas from here and putting them somewhereelse. So dont take it so personal. And honestly if you had an idea and needed help with it before you could make it im pretty sure you wouldnt just post it for everyone to see.... Ok now this conversation is really of topic and Im sorry for my part. Im not going to comment anymore on this board and any moderator if you could please just take this post to the trash. Sorry for originally asking for a little help. I really wasnt trying to create an arguement.                                         Good days to come modders!!!

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2009, 11:04:08 AM »
I was not trying to offend you, if I did I appologize.

if you posted in the modders for hire with no responce, it is probably due to nobody being in your area, and to get it done you are going to have to work with someone online. (I have checked and you are not the only one looking for a modder in ohio. it may be worth it to make a vist LOL.)

but please by all means if you have a good idea, and need some help, find someone you can work with.  what I am trying to say is there are good people here that will help you and give you all the credit you diserve.

I understand where you are comming from about putting info out into the forums, but it is what it is. (an internet forum)

if you dont trust me I can recomend some guys I trust that can work with you to get your idea done. but you must get past the face to face deal, alot of us are many miles away from each other, and work through problems with new mods daily.

You have come to the correct place, you just need to let your guard down a bit so we can help you.

justin, Treemty, and myself are all good guys that will help you and give you all the credit you are due.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 12:17:37 PM by modded matt »

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2009, 12:47:15 PM »
you are going to have to give in to doing it in person, probably wont happen unless you go to your locall learning establishment and hang out in the electronix dept.

I can vouch for Matt, Justin, Treemty as being trustworthy. If you want to bounce ur idea by me let it rip, believe me when I tell you I dont have time to steal any ideas cuz I have enough development to keep me busy for a long time. What I can do is get you going in the right direction and help you brainstorm possible solutions to your problem(whatever that may be).

The biggest problem with idea stealing is execution, if you go and tell people ur idea and then dont follow through, that is when people steal something.  So make sure you actually are going to follow through before letting it out of the bag because having an idea and making it are very different things.  Best thing to do is keep it under wraps as best you can until it is done.

EDIT: As a generall rule we like to respect the privacy of our members and will not look a PMs unless a situation arises where it is absolutely nessecary.  Admins are the only ones who can access peoples PMs and none of us are bored enough to actually monitor them, not to mention steal an idea. Here at Acidmods PM actually means Private Message, unlike some forums.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 12:53:31 PM by 802Chives »

Offline Slim Hacker

• Mr PS3
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2009, 05:15:51 PM »
Or you could do the ask AM thing.
but it would be public that next monday.

Quote from: Jumbo
I herd you like stealing quotes ey?

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2009, 06:08:09 PM »
Please, calm down. Nobody was lashing out at you or anything. Matt was merely giving you a friendly reminder/hint. It wasn't anything personal. As for meeting anybody face-to-face, it is not very likely. As someone has already mentioned, we are a small community of probably only at most 500 members active, spread out across the world of over 500 million sq. km. I probably would not be able to help you with questions specific to 360s, as I do not mod them, but Treemty, Matt, and Chives are all very skilled with 360s :). Good luck with whatever you're doing, and don't be afraid to ask for help from our respected members! Have fun around the forums...

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal