Author Topic: When Replacing My Power And Charge Led...  (Read 919 times)

Offline Ben.

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
When Replacing My Power And Charge Led...
« on: March 04, 2009, 12:18:08 AM »
When Im Replacing Them With These http://www.phenoptix.co.uk/product_p/smd-blu-1206.htm or These http://www.phenoptix.co.uk/product_p/smd-blu-0603-110.htm

As The First Leds Aren't 0603.. But Look The Same.. So Does It Matter Which One..

Also Do I Need To Bridge The Resistor Coming Into The Leds If I Put The Above Leds In It..?!?!?!

Thanks

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
Re: When Replacing My Power And Charge Led...
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 12:24:41 AM »
firstly, 0603 is a size. So no don't use any other size as it won't fit very nicly. Do not bridge the resistor, I do not recomend changing anything besides the leds. The second ones you showed are good, use those.
Just incase you didn't know, check the tutorial for installing these in the tutorial section.

Have fun modding :D
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline crazyl69

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 12:34:58 AM »
    Well, about the led's, they both carry the same voltage information, the only difference is the size. The 1206 led, is a tiny bit larger in size than the 0603. For your modding project, I would recommend using the 0603 size led, simply because of the limited space that the leds will have once they are install. If you feel that the leds are not bright enough once they are installed, then your next step is to bridge the resistors. This will not harm the leds.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 12:38:34 AM by crazyl69 »

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 01:07:02 AM »
    Well, about the led's, they both carry the same voltage information, the only difference is the size. The 1206 led, is a tiny bit larger in size than the 0603. For your modding project, I would recommend using the 0603 size led, simply because of the limited space that the leds will have once they are install. If you feel that the leds are not bright enough once they are installed, then your next step is to bridge the resistors. This will not harm the leds.

um, bridging a resistor sends more than the 3.6v typical to the led. Plus bridging the resistors sometimes seems to mess up the switching effect between power and charge.
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal