Author Topic: bridge 5v for 12v Q  (Read 947 times)

Offline redrider

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
bridge 5v for 12v Q
« on: March 09, 2009, 07:15:28 PM »
OK so my 5v power out on my 360 mobo is shorted out and no longer works so to my knowledge I can bridge it with the 12v DVD out to make it work again right? If I can, how exactly do I go about doing that, and then after I do bridge it then it will technically be 12v right? my only question on that is if I plug in my aurora vent lights and wind tunnel will it blow the LED'S? I hope I was clear on everything, but if not just tell me.  :dntknw:
thanks!
Pandora Pw3neD $ony

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: bridge 5v for 12v Q
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 04:26:37 AM »
you already have a thread on this subject??? https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=28779.0

it wont hurt the fans, the leds it may affect, but this is an arora strip, correct??? I am sure it has built in resistors to protect it from the rise in voltage, if not or just incase, use a resistor to protect it.

ALLWAYS ADD A RESISTOR TO ANY LED ADDED TO THE SYSTEM TO PROTECT IT.

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 05:16:12 AM »
do not hook anything up to the DVD drive power. If you are going to tap 12V do it where the power comes into the mother board.  tons of pics around how to do this.  look for threads that are about 12Ving your fans to find the correct spot.  People have ruined their dvd drives by robbing power from them.

Offline redrider

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 11:03:24 AM »
OK so don't take power from the dvd drive but from the board itself...And yes I have the aurora strips(2) 1 red on top and 1 blue on bottom. Thank you for the advise.
Pandora Pw3neD $ony

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal