Author Topic: Battery Level affects Fire rate?  (Read 930 times)

Offline topnut

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Battery Level affects Fire rate?
« on: July 18, 2009, 02:24:42 PM »
When the controller was first fitted with the chip, all 3 modes fired like they should. After a day or so, mode one began firing in bursts instead of the normal "auto", but the other, slower, modes fired normally. Two days later, Mode 2 began firing in bursts, but the slowest mode (3) still fired normally.

I took out the batteries and checked them with the tester. Both came at about 1.34 volts. I replaced them with whatever batteries i could find which according to the tester, put out an average of 1.38 volts. After i put the slightly more powered batteries in, the rapid fire modes started firing in "auto" again, but a minute burst could still be noticed. I think this would go away if i put in newer batteries (1.5-1.6ish volts).

Has anyone else had this? is it normal for the chip to be directly related to the power of the battery? Does it cause damage to the chip if the battery isnt "full"?

Offline gameroms

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
Re: Battery Level affects Fire rate?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 02:45:06 PM »
on the back of controller pcb is a test point called TP4, its a +V test point on all controller models.  i use that for everything.

Offline topnut

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 02:56:31 PM »
I dont get what you mean? could you explain please?

Offline gameroms

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 03:22:19 PM »
alot of the rapidfire chips will turn off when the battery gets so low.  there is one point i use for all versions of controllers

red with black dot.  it switched +V on all versions so it only gets power when the controller is on.  try to stay away fro some of the points that keep +V when controller is off.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal