Author Topic: Any Suggestions?  (Read 809 times)

Offline ramoneybling

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Any Suggestions?
« on: March 14, 2009, 08:09:36 PM »
Um I been trying to fix this 360 with 2 rings for the longest. I cant figure out the problem. I clean the HeatSinks, Still 2 rings. I Did the penny trick, Still 2 rings, And I also did the 12v Fan Mod, and still 2 rings.

I don't know the problem. I let it sit for 2 days, and it will cold when i turned it on, still 2 rings. I get the normal Xbox360 screen for 3 secs then 2 rings, then after a while of repeating on/off it goes straight to 2 rings.

I don't want to give up on it yet nor spend any more money, can you please tell me what part  of the xbox is getting over heated, why, and how can i solve it, PLEASE :beg:

Offline Max_Kreeger

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Any Suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 09:21:37 PM »
hmmmm, did you put arctic silver on the heat syncs ? Also, do the x-clamp mod. Once you've done that, tighten the heat sync bolts just a little bit more. So the contact is very good. You could also try adding some more heat syncs, like this:

Just don't do the GPU one lol, that looks dodgy. Also if you have a heat gun you could try to re-flow the solder. Btw Arctic silver thermal compound isn't very expensive its around  $15 AUS and you can get it from any computer store.

Hope this helps
Max

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal