Author Topic: Warranty Sticker?  (Read 1595 times)

Offline Venom_762

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
Warranty Sticker?
« on: March 14, 2009, 08:18:40 PM »
Does anyone know how to get the sticker off so I can mod my 360 and put the sticker back on? I have till april and I'm sick of waiting.

Offline rysher

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Warranty Sticker?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 08:46:05 PM »
search youtube ive seen some on there before

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 08:55:13 PM »
Heatgun / hair dryer, next take a small knife and slowly lift the edge and pull nice and slow with a pair of forceps.

-TwisT

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 03:35:06 AM »
you do know that putting it back on doesnt mean that the warrenty will be intact. and modding it and then putting it back on and trying to pass it off as nvoid and warrenty intact is classed as fraud plus microsoft will be able to tell that its been modded

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline Max_Kreeger

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 05:47:47 AM »
Well while your modding it, do some cooling mods. Thats the best warranty you can get lol.

Offline dedafmonteur

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 06:14:46 AM »
i agree with max kreeger
the xbox 360is verry well build, only the heat is a problem.
solve that and your 360 will last longer

Offline Venom_762

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 07:52:01 AM »
The only thing I plan on doing is adding the Green XCM V.2 fans and the regular talismoon green fans. I might also add the Aurora lights

Offline redrider

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2009, 03:58:33 PM »
Well i did this with just a razor blade a few times but after i removed it the second time i kept it off on a piece of wax paper bc really anything that goes wrong with the 360 has to do with heat and can be solved with the addition of a fan or two. PLUS it is illegal to do this just like Mactastic Mendez said... :boxed:
so if you have the ca hones to remove the sticker...keep it off :yess:
Pandora Pw3neD $ony

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 09:57:01 AM »
These topics are very irretating... there is no reason to try to keep your warranty sticker intact unless you are trying to commit fraud.  Sending it back to microsoft after modding it with carefully removed and replaced warranty seal = Fraud.  Selling it to someone as being still under warranty = fraud.

How would you guys feel if someone sold you an xbox that had be opened and the seller claims it is still under warranty? I know it happens, but Acidmods is not here to help people commit fraud or anything else that is dishonest. 

Everyone: When posting at acidmods, at least pretend like you are a law abiding citizen.  There are plenty of sites on the web where this could have been discussed... Acidmods is not one of them.

Edit: I guess I need to explain myself better, I am not trying to single anyone out here, if anyone feels that I have, I apologize. This is really about the difference between right an wrong, if something seemingly harmless like this is just brushed aside, there is no telling what will be brushed aside in the future.  Morals and values shouldnt be compromised ever, cuz if you start small it will be easier to work your way up until your values dont exist anymore. The young people in this world have less direction then ever, I would like to think acidmods is place people can look to as wholesome and with good values, as examples of this are few and far between in todays society.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 06:47:52 AM by 802Chives »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal