Author Topic: voltage locations  (Read 1002 times)

Offline jakxxx

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
voltage locations
« on: April 21, 2009, 05:30:33 AM »
I have read what I think to be every tutorial on this site, but I can't seem to find a spot that explains where to connect your supply voltage for anything less than 5 volts.  I am doing the lm386 sound reactive mod using orange LEDs.  They require a voltage of 2 - 3 volts.  Since most of the tutorials use blue LEDs which are okay with 5v, where do I find a 3 volt power source on the board to power my lm386 without frying my leds.  Is this assumption even correct?  Do I need the lesser voltage with the smaller voltage leds?  Does the lm386 require 5v to operate properly?  I have done searches using "voltage location" "3 volts" everything I can think of.  Thanks for reading this  :tup:

Offline thearkman2009

• Registered BST
  • E = MC²
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Designing Innovative Mods
    • SteelROMs
Re: voltage locations
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 05:42:56 AM »
the LM386 runs on any voltage from 1 to 12 volts.  The orange LEDs your using will run fine on the 5 volt source.  The LM386 will step down the voltage a bit anyway, so you should be fine.  The 5 volt source I use is just under the right speaker connector.

Offline rceckspurt13

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 06:15:23 AM »
There is a 3.6 volt source on the powerboard. It's the + side of the power led. It takes a large amount of space on the powerboard so it's easy to solder to.
Any Questions? Please Contact Me: rceckspurt13@gmail.com

Offline jakxxx

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 07:26:30 AM »
thanks guys.  I appreciate the quick replies

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal