Author Topic: I FLY  (Read 4981 times)

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
I FLY
« on: April 24, 2009, 06:44:26 AM »
so we were playing cod waw the other day, and we got in a room with a clan that called themselves "IFLY" these guys would not tell how they did it. but the game was running at like 5 times speed. you could run through all the walls straight to the bomb. rounds lasted like 20 seconds at most. this went on for a few games, then they all left. this was not a load glich, they were somehow controling this. they would not elaborate on how it was happening, but he stated it was a code entered into his profile??? anyone ever heard of this?

yesterday. my wife was playing a private match on cod4 with one of my clan members and some guy he just met. this guy had some kind of slow motion glich. everything was in slowmo. not like bump wait bump. it was all moving in slow mo. you could see the bulit trailers, and noob tubes fire slowly, all he would tell her is he had a modded xbox.

I have never heard of these types of mods. it is severly cheating, but very interesting...

any thoughts

Offline ~:Dhruv:~

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • [quote author=Reaper link=topic=30647.msg227184#ms
    • Infectech
Re: I FLY
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 07:42:27 AM »
wow, this would be interesting.......
  you look like a carrot.
My nickname at school is carrot cake, because i can't get tan. I get orange. and my face is shaped like a carrot. And i make a mean carrot cake.

Offline Ben.

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 08:53:11 AM »
Right, i was on my 360 on cod 4, the weekend before last.. every other game was either super fast, or super slow motion.. really weird.. i ruined my accuracy in the fast games.. :'(

Offline Venom_762

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 09:15:46 AM »
Sounds like a fast way to get banned, or at least I hope. They should keep that to private matches.

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 02:11:08 AM »
never seen or heard anything of something like that, on xbox... If you find out anything keep us updated this is interesting, but could also lead to the downfall of fair console gaming.
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 07:01:42 AM »
these hacks are done by modifying the software of the game by using a modded box and running modified ISOs.  It seems someone must have posted some how to's lately on the netz of what to modify that is why people are seeing it more and more.

Some of the PSP softmodders could probably elaborate on this a bit as people do it on the psp all the time.  In fact I know someone who was playing with this stuff on the psp this weekend.... cough*nico*cough

Offline PsychoticWolf

• C.H.A.O.S Where art Thou.
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +27/-0
  • Team CYBER
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 09:36:20 AM »
these hacks are done by modifying the software of the game by using a modded box and running modified ISOs.  It seems someone must have posted some how to's lately on the netz of what to modify that is why people are seeing it more and more.

Some of the PSP softmodders could probably elaborate on this a bit as people do it on the psp all the time.  In fact I know someone who was playing with this stuff on the psp this weekend.... cough*nico*cough

Dude Chives you wouldn't have to say his name Im sure everyone knew it was nico. yes its what you just said cause People with modded 360s were messing around with Left 4 dead. Making zombies bigger than the maps or making US bigger than the  maps and spawning guns every were. and making Huge pipe bombs.

For the awesome Sigs Thanks goes to: Blazinkaos, Chef Boyardee
O o
/¯/________________________/
{ IMMA FIRIN' MA LAZAAAAAR!!!!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\
RyanF: lol im not that sick.  I don't feel like licking the s*** off a 40 year old guy's ass
RyanF: you want me to lick your crusty old buns dont you?
2/20/2012 at 08:55:34 PM

Offline Max_Kreeger

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 10:10:14 AM »
Lol this reminds me of when I was modding Halo 2 (For fun only never cheated)...I couldn't go online anyway..unless I used xbconnect...ahhh....good times...how do you reckon they are doing it ? I highly doubt, that they can FTP into the xbox like you could with the original...can they ? Anyway...they're on a one way road for the ban hammer.

Offline PsychoticWolf

• C.H.A.O.S Where art Thou.
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +27/-0
  • Team CYBER
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 10:53:29 AM »
Lol this reminds me of when I was modding Halo 2 (For fun only never cheated)...I couldn't go online anyway..unless I used xbconnect...ahhh....good times...how do you reckon they are doing it ? I highly doubt, that they can FTP into the xbox like you could with the original...can they ? Anyway...they're on a one way road for the ban hammer.

yes Im sure I have Seen People mess around in games and they all said yea we have modded 360s. It was fun in L4D the guy was spawning Hundreds of Gas cans it was epic. and fun.

For the awesome Sigs Thanks goes to: Blazinkaos, Chef Boyardee
O o
/¯/________________________/
{ IMMA FIRIN' MA LAZAAAAAR!!!!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\
RyanF: lol im not that sick.  I don't feel like licking the s*** off a 40 year old guy's ass
RyanF: you want me to lick your crusty old buns dont you?
2/20/2012 at 08:55:34 PM

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 11:02:48 AM »
yah i noticed a whole bunch of discussions of this over at se7ensins forums.  I saw it reffered to as HEX editing.

It didnt look like there was too many people worried about the ban hammer, however I would suspect it is only a matter of time b4 it comes.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 11:16:48 AM »
yep, thats what the slow mo guy told tracey was "Hex edit"

Offline treemty

• l,,l METAL l,,l
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Will mod for food
    • the1337group.com
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 12:43:15 PM »
if you guys want/allow me, I can post a link to a post on X-scene that tells about this, as well as allows the viewer to download the needed software. if I remember correctly, it only works with flashed drives

Offline Venom_762

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 05:32:42 PM »
I think its just plain wrong, in fact I make it a point to go out of my way to report them. It has no place on live.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2009, 05:28:50 AM »
you are absolutly right venom. there is no place for this on live. however, I have a large group of friends I play with and we could have a lot of fun in private matches with this. we end every night with a few private matches anyway. pistols only, etc.

I found it. apparently there are numerous comands you can enter, to adjust gravety, speed, health, ammo, god mode, aim bot, from what i understand this can all be done through editing your game save in partition #3  of your harddrive. this is done without even opening your xbox.

like I said, I would like to see this in private matches, but I already know people will be using this for online if they are able, which is not good.

we are modifying game saves, not the xbox, this is a programing exploit. I feel due to the nature of this, it was left there for developers to play with and use. there is one comand to enable lazer fire. how is that posible if the programing was not already in place. this is additional gameplay options we as consumers were cheated out of. 

I think we need an admin decision, should we take this discussion any further?

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2009, 06:20:48 AM »
yes you can aslong as it doesnt include telling people where to get any iso files from but you can discuss the editing of your own games and gamesave

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2009, 11:24:15 AM »
I am fine with it, as long as people are aware of two things:

This stuff really pisses people off, more so than any of the Hardmods like rapidfire.  So if you use it on LIVE you might as well get into PC gaming where cheating defines how good you are :taunt: :laughing:.  Seriously tho, If someone does a mod that affects how the game is played, I for one will be reporting it fully assuming I can figure out who it is that is causing it.(wonder if it has to be the host to work..)

If you use this on LIVE be forwarned that it will only be a matter of time before your console gets banned or your gamertag gets banned.  either way ur looking a lot of $$$ to get up and going again.  So no "OMG i got banned" threads as people will already know this is extremely risky.

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2009, 02:34:47 PM »
yeh listen to chives it is likely to get you banned or the game patched if lots of people start doing it - if you do use it however use it only in private matches against friends who know that way your not spoiling it for everyone else

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2009, 04:27:27 AM »
I think the responcable members here are all in agreeance that this is something that should not be handed out for everyone to use, 99% of the people will use it for online games, which will lead to a patch and a ban. it will also piss alot of people off. I have enough info to test the therory to see how it all works, and will report if it works, but I am debating if it should be explained how to do it. as of now i think, the best thing we can do is report the people how use this in online matches.

Offline Ghost In Black

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2009, 03:38:49 PM »
Infinity Ward patched this yesterday, or Saturday, I forgot which. Anyways, since it's basically useless, I'll explain it.
Before you attempt modding your profile, BACK IT UP!
What you're doing is adding commands to your profile, the profile that's stored on your HDD. For CoD 4 there's a part in your profile that contains your custom classes. To find it you can search for "set play" in your profile file. You would replace this whole section with 0's and then write over the 0's with whatever command you wanted. You would then have to rehash your profile, and replace the old one on your HDD. For the next part, it works best if you have a MU. After you turn on your Xbox, transfer the modded profile to your MU and unplug the MU from your Xbox. Once you get to the menu in CoD 4 you can plug the MU back in and sign in with your modded profile. You should notice that the names of your custom classes are gone. This indicates that you probably did the mod right, or you almost did it right. For most of the commands to work you need to be host.
Some commands from memory-
.bind BUTTON_BACK "god"
.bind BUTTON_BACK "noclip"
.set cg_laserForceOn "1"
.set player_sustainAmmo "1"
Last thing (VERY IMPORTANT!)
You can start putting these commands in right after the message of the day- .set motd "(message of the day)".
Leave 1 period between each command, and in the numbers part of your hex editor, make that period a 0A (so it will still look like a period but it's value is 0A)

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2009, 07:29:59 AM »
I noticed a cod4 update, and half suspected this was what it was about.

Thanks for the info Ghost.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2009, 07:58:52 AM »
it was patched saterday. I got like two games in at high speed. private matches of course!!  this was only posible by accessing  partition #3 of the HDD. open content folder and search for Message of the day. the lazer tag worked, but only for the modder.

I did not even try cod5 they said it was patched last week.

I just wonder how long this has been going on, I bet some peoples kill/death ratio will be going down now!! serves them right.

this can still be done, just to see it, by staying off line and clearing the cache of downloads. but yea, its worthless. amazing, it  took two weeks to get a patch out for this once it was released, the tut hit 20,000+ hits in a matter of days.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal