Author Topic: Yes!  (Read 21342 times)

Offline PhenomenalDesigns

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
Yes!
« on: April 25, 2009, 09:27:32 AM »
I dont know who to tell this to, but I just have to tell somebody, some reason...

Basically I have been picked for these master classes, basically I go to university every saturday for 4 weeks studying some kind of subject, I was nominated for engineering, fine art and photography, I chose photography, because there would be no girls in engineering and I was the only one in my school applicable for photohraphy (I let somebody else do art)

Anyway, today was my first day, and usually not being around many girls (My school is 95% boys), I was actually outnumbered... Theres like 12 in our group, like 3 guys... Theres this really cute girl in my class, she looks like that guys sister from eurotrip (The blond one that goes with them across europe, the american one...)

But I was too scared to approach her/talk to her............  :beg:

I will try my best next saturday, but its not 'sex' im looking for, i just want a girlfriend :)

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
Re: Yes!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 09:32:48 AM »
Nice! Hints:
           Be Nice (duh)
           Don't act awkward
           Try to talk like you would to any other guy
           Talk about something in common (photography)
           DON'T crack rude jokes about ANYONE near her (no matter how badly they lead you on)

Thanks to HiddenVenom for the sig!

Offline ~:Dhruv:~

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • [quote author=Reaper link=topic=30647.msg227184#ms
    • Infectech
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 09:48:31 AM »
Fully agree with Alentris

Wow, I'm jealous :D wish i was in your position.... Ur one lucky dude ~!
  you look like a carrot.
My nickname at school is carrot cake, because i can't get tan. I get orange. and my face is shaped like a carrot. And i make a mean carrot cake.

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 09:49:52 AM »
Actually, don't talk to her like any other guy. To your guy friends you might swear more, be more rude, and generally talk about guy things. But around a girl, you want to be much more polite, talk about things she actually cares about, etc.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 10:04:19 AM »
Actually, don't talk to her like any other guy. To your guy friends you might swear more, be more rude, and generally talk about guy things. But around a girl, you want to be much more polite, talk about things she actually cares about, etc.
Yeah, I meant talk to her without stumbling or saying awkward things, like stated later in the post.

Offline injungleist

• Club AM VIP
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • mod your face off.
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 10:09:28 AM »
im 28 so ive been through this quite a few times. it sounds bad but tell the truth, girls like that. EX. im shy but i wanted to come say hi anyways. or offer coffee or lunch to talk. you never know what could happen/ or what could not happen if you dont. like her with someone you know b/c you didnt say anything. a good friend of mine always said it dosnt hurt to try.
thx gamerdude767
trades w/ blazinkaos
purchases from sniper (fast shipping)

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 10:17:33 AM »
it dosnt hurt to try.
THIS is great advice right there. Always try. If you don't try, you'll never know what could have happened.

Pointers;;
Don't be shy around her, or at least don't SHOW it.
Don't be OVERLY caring or nice. Girls like to be independant but also have a guy who's a gentleman and will offer to help and such.
Like stated, if you guys go on a date or something, offer to buy her coffee or pay for the movie, for example.
It's okay to talk to her just like one of your other friends. That's what I do and I don't have problems. Don't be rude or anything, though. Be calm, cool, and collective.
Adjust yourself/your behavior to her personality. If she acts rude, then you're allowed to act a little rude. If you offer her something and she declines more than once, then stop offering her something unless it's something you know a girl would like. For example, if it's raining and she has no coat, offer her yours.

Meh, just some tips. I'm great with girls. =P

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 01:29:17 PM »
Nice! Hints:
           Be Nice (duh)
           Don't act awkward
           Try to talk like you would to any other guy
           Talk about something in common (photography)
           DON'T crack rude jokes about ANYONE near her (no matter how badly they lead you on)
Good points, although thing is im not sure if ANYBODY apart from me knows anything about photography there lol, because they just picked it in their school because they thought it would be fun, I sorta got chosen for it because my brother is a photographer and he has taught me everything about it (Amperature, ISO, HDR, etc) so yeah... Although, since we will be photoshopping our photos next week, I will try and sit next to her (Without being a creep) and I will try to notice if she has any trouble (Because I think she has never used photoshop either...)

Fully agree with Alentris

Wow, I'm jealous :D wish i was in your position.... Ur one lucky dude ~!
hah, yeah i guess i am very lucky, although i have to get most out of it (Education and girlwise)

I ain't really a guy that swears that much, but I do swear the occasional time, so I should stop that... Thing is, I have NO idea what she likes lol, all I know is that shes cute, shes 15, shes not a chav, emo, goth, scene (I love scene girls though) or anything like that

Yeah, I meant talk to her without stumbling or saying awkward things, like stated later in the post.
When i speak to girls or infront of people, I tend to get shakey, and run out of breath, I get nervous easily...

im 28 so ive been through this quite a few times. it sounds bad but tell the truth, girls like that. EX. im shy but i wanted to come say hi anyways. or offer coffee or lunch to talk. you never know what could happen/ or what could not happen if you dont. like her with someone you know b/c you didnt say anything. a good friend of mine always said it dosnt hurt to try.
I get what you mean, great advice, I dont want to sound too creepy just coming up to her saying hi, then having nothing else to say LOL, but yeah then agian, if I dont approach her, NOTHING will happen, but if I approach her, i have a chance something WILL HAPPEN, problem is shes always with a friend, hopefully I can catch her alone or maybe even beat my nerves somehow...

THIS is great advice right there. Always try. If you don't try, you'll never know what could have happened.

Pointers;;
Don't be shy around her, or at least don't SHOW it.
Don't be OVERLY caring or nice. Girls like to be independant but also have a guy who's a gentleman and will offer to help and such.
Like stated, if you guys go on a date or something, offer to buy her coffee or pay for the movie, for example.
It's okay to talk to her just like one of your other friends. That's what I do and I don't have problems. Don't be rude or anything, though. Be calm, cool, and collective.
Adjust yourself/your behavior to her personality. If she acts rude, then you're allowed to act a little rude. If you offer her something and she declines more than once, then stop offering her something unless it's something you know a girl would like. For example, if it's raining and she has no coat, offer her yours.

Meh, just some tips. I'm great with girls. =P

I will need a crashcourse in confidence O grand master (Seriously... lol, I need this in less than a week)
I was reading some david d and he was saying that girls like it when you care about them, but not so much, like you said, but being unpredictable, like sometimes you will offer help, other times you will get somebody else to do it (Although I wont do that, since maybe they will get to her, I dont want her to be taken before I get the chance)
Since I got quite a bit of dosh, I can always take her to the cinema and pay for it, im guessing you know your stuff about girls...

do girls like it if you just stare into their eyes while their talking? or is that just creepy

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 02:10:56 PM »
problem is shes always with a friend, hopefully I can catch her alone or maybe even beat my nerves somehow...
That could potentially be good, it can open up the conversation for more topics.

do girls like it if you just stare into their eyes while their talking? or is that just creepy
Keep eye contact, you can look around, but she can probably tell when you're nervous if you stare off in the distance... Use body language (not too accentuated), and make sure you blink. Don't "stare" but keep attention.

Offline ra1n

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • I'm not like other girls ^_^
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 05:19:09 PM »
start up some chit-chat by like commenting her on some of her photography then introduce yourself with a nice smile and maybe show her some pointers, play it cool and slow and soon enough you 2 will talk more and you'll feel more comfortable

getting old is mandatory growing up is optional.

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2009, 06:20:31 PM »
start up some chit-chat by like commenting her on some of her photography then introduce yourself with a nice smile and maybe show her some pointers, play it cool and slow and soon enough you 2 will talk more and you'll feel more comfortable
lol, no better place to get info than strait from the source XD

Offline Kilokk

• In your AM modding your forums
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
  • In the shadows of darkness I stand in the light.
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 02:03:27 AM »
Am I the only one who has a GF that thought it was cute when I was nervous about talking to her and asking her out? I was a COMPLETE wreck. We were walking in the halls of my school, and I dropped my stuff (books and :censored:) tripped... TWICE, stuttered, and almost had an asthma attack >.< I gave her my number, took down what I thought was a rejection hotline number, said I would call her, and felt so bad about it all that I didn't even try the number.  2 days later she called me and asked why I didn't call her like I said I would.  We went out, and the rest is history ^_^

I think I just got lucky that my nervousness made her laugh and think I was cute and funny ^_^

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2009, 07:39:56 AM »
Am I the only one who has a GF that thought it was cute when I was nervous about talking to her and asking her out?
No. For me, it's "has had a girlfriend" though.

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Infectech
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 08:48:59 AM »
ha ha , i've never had a girlfriend and i'm gonna be 19 soon !!!
  you look like a carrot.
My nickname at school is carrot cake, because i can't get tan. I get orange. and my face is shaped like a carrot. And i make a mean carrot cake.

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2009, 10:56:28 AM »
your day will come, padowan XD

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2009, 02:36:00 PM »
I've never had a gf either, but I'm only 13... But anyway, I've talked to enough girls and just be yourself. A lot of this is good advice. And being a little nervous shouldn't really matter, but I've met some girls who are :censored:y about that. Just play it cool and see what happens!

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2009, 05:59:01 PM »
I've never had a gf either, but I'm only 13...
having a gf isn't all it's cracked up to be, either...

Offline DarkShot

• I approve your mom
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ÜBERRAPESKILLETS
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2009, 06:00:20 PM »

Indeed

(I love scene girls though)

lol yes I do believe that many do.

One more thing: Don't initially lead on that you like her when you first meet her. Get over the biggest thing, which would be initially meeting her.

If you're funny, and you're comfortable, than it's a bonus too. Comfort and confidence are relatively things. If you feel good, and relaxed, you need not worry.

And do know that what we all have said are suggestions to give you ideas. You can choose to take what you want.

Offline W-Gaming5

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2009, 12:15:54 AM »

:eyebrow:
:censored:

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Infectech
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2009, 01:20:52 AM »
@ Alentris - thank you obi wan, i know the force is strong in me :)

@ gaming- big deal ? Doesn't matter much.

@ justin- ur just 13 ? You look much older !
  you look like a carrot.

Offline treemty

• l,,l METAL l,,l
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Will mod for food
    • the1337group.com
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2009, 04:14:16 AM »
just a hint to drhuv
the first time you ask, you will most likely be pretty nervous/scared...even if you never get nervous about anything...trust me
just keep your cool

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Infectech
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2009, 04:43:02 AM »
thanks treemty :) 
  you look like a carrot.

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2009, 01:49:10 PM »
That could potentially be good, it can open up the conversation for more topics.
Keep eye contact, you can look around, but she can probably tell when you're nervous if you stare off in the distance... Use body language (not too accentuated), and make sure you blink. Don't "stare" but keep attention.
Yeah good point, thing is when theres more people I get more nervous, like if she was alone I dont mind just her rejecting me, but if she does it infront of somebody else, they are both going to be laughing at me... Which i hate :|. And about the staring, ive noticed I do that alot, I can never look somebody in the eye, maybe if I wear my shades I wont 'have to' lol and it will just look like im looking into their eyes. Its just something about looking into somebodys eyes is hard for me, its like I have to look away (Like a mental thing).

Hmm, interesting, I will try and keep my cool (Its my cool I cant really keep, I get nervous very easily), and not act like a :censored: lol

lol, no better place to get info than strait from the source XD
True, I actually would of asked a 'girl buddie' for help on msn or something, but the reason is obvious of why I asked here instead of MSN (If you have not guessed, think harder!)

Am I the only one who has a GF that thought it was cute when I was nervous about talking to her and asking her out? I was a COMPLETE wreck. We were walking in the halls of my school, and I dropped my stuff (books and :censored:) tripped... TWICE, stuttered, and almost had an asthma attack >.< I gave her my number, took down what I thought was a rejection hotline number, said I would call her, and felt so bad about it all that I didn't even try the number.  2 days later she called me and asked why I didn't call her like I said I would.  We went out, and the rest is history ^_^

I think I just got lucky that my nervousness made her laugh and think I was cute and funny ^_^
Lol, Im guessing my try won't be that... bad? (Well it wasnt really bad, you was successful!) lol

I haven't had a 'proper' girlfriend yet either (No first kiss, furthest Ive got is a hug...)

I've never had a gf either, but I'm only 13... But anyway, I've talked to enough girls and just be yourself. A lot of this is good advice. And being a little nervous shouldn't really matter, but I've met some girls who are :censored:y about that. Just play it cool and see what happens!
Will do

Same with being single.. Lol, single, im so ronery

lol yes I do believe that many do.

One more thing: Don't initially lead on that you like her when you first meet her. Get over the biggest thing, which would be initially meeting her.

If you're funny, and you're comfortable, than it's a bonus too. Comfort and confidence are relatively things. If you feel good, and relaxed, you need not worry.

And do know that what we all have said are suggestions to give you ideas. You can choose to take what you want.
Scene girls are so hot... lol, i love their hair, usually any type but my favourite is when they make it layered, and its all big but going down, hard to explain. I get it, so first I just look like im helping here with the photography (Well we are doing photoshopping next week, so I can show her on that), then eventually... after getting to know her a bit, and trying to find out if she has a boyfriend, then a part which david d taught me lol (As you walk away, saying, Ive got to go now, catch you later, turn around straight away and say "You got email?" then get out pen and paper, and while they write it (People are much more likely to give out their email rather than number) then you say "While your at it, might aswell write your number", and if they say no, just say, "Okay heres mine, blah blah..")

just a hint to drhuv
the first time you ask, you will most likely be pretty nervous/scared...even if you never get nervous about anything...trust me
just keep your cool
I get nervous just from the sight of really attractive girls

Okay, que the A-Team song when I go for it... LOL

I will try, I mean, if she says no, then, theres like another 100,000 really attractive single girls in london... infact on my way back from work (Im doing work experience)today I saw quite a few, but theres something about this one girl in my photography class.

I will just approach her (If I can, when shes alone), looking my best, smile (Not a horny grin though lol), and pretty much compliment her on her work, i just had another good idea, since we usually get set into partners who stand next to us when we are 'briefed', I will stand right next to her, and try to talk to her alot

(Oh yeah, i learnt another good trick, not sure if it works, ra1n, will this work? Basically if they touch you with their hand like shes passing me the camera, I go "Dam your hands are cold", obviously they wont be cold, so she will be like "No they aint?", then I just hold her hand and say, "Yes, see, its cold...", I also read that, I have read alot of David D stuff and I know it works, just that for my age group not sure if it will work, like if they have the similiar conscious?)

Hoi! Pinoy ako!

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2009, 07:08:05 PM »
(Oh yeah, i learnt another good trick, not sure if it works, ra1n, will this work? Basically if they touch you with their hand like shes passing me the camera, I go "Dam your hands are cold", obviously they wont be cold, so she will be like "No they aint?", then I just hold her hand and say, "Yes, see, its cold...", I also read that, I have read alot of David D stuff and I know it works, just that for my age group not sure if it will work, like if they have the similiar conscious?)
that is a tad corny, and you might want to use a different word then "damn" (like dang)

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2009, 07:14:39 PM »
I think "damn" is acceptable... In our generation, almost everybody uses damn. Actually, almost everybody swears, but usually girls swear less which is why you wanna be more careful about that around girls.

@ Alentris - thank you obi wan, i know the force is strong in me :)

@ gaming- big deal ? Doesn't matter much.

@ justin- ur just 13 ? You look much older !

Thanks :D In real life I think I look younger than I really am though... I walked into a radioshack and the guy thought I was a 10 year old buying solder rofl
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 07:17:25 PM by bustinthejustin »

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2009, 07:28:17 PM »
Thanks :D In real life I think I look younger than I really am though... I walked into a radioshack and the guy thought I was a 10 year old buying solder rofl
I asked in radioshack where the dip switches were, and the lady there goes "You know, this is the first time EVER that I've been stumped by a 13 year old XD

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2009, 07:37:04 PM »
LOL obviously she doesn't meet very many 13 year olds ;)

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2009, 07:48:40 PM »
LOL obviously she doesn't meet very many 13 year olds ;)
Well, not enough ones that know what they're talking about, lol

Offline Kilokk

• In your AM modding your forums
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
  • In the shadows of darkness I stand in the light.
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2009, 02:59:23 AM »
jesus... am I the only one in retail that makes it a point to know the area of damn near everything in the store I work in?

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2009, 03:49:17 PM »
jesus... am I the only one in retail that makes it a point to know the area of damn near everything in the store I work in?
Obviously that is true, because retail stores make me ANGRY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal