Author Topic: HELP. Chip!  (Read 4302 times)

Offline wilson08

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +1/-0
HELP. Chip!
« on: April 25, 2009, 02:39:35 AM »
hi, i bought a Rapid fire 3-mode chip off ebay and when u assemble all the wires my controller doesn't work, then when i take the wire off the positive point the controllers lights go dim. I only wanted rapid fire on the RT. pic below (followed the green wires)

would i have to solder all the points to make this work.. I havent got a 1k resistor - could i do it without it?

anyway heres the sellers link .. www.daza.co.uk/ebay/kit.html

Offline Ben.

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
Re: HELP. Chip!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 03:57:11 AM »
I bought a kit from the same guy, it works fine, im not to sure what your problem is.. :/

Offline wilson08

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 04:02:54 AM »
I bought a kit from the same guy, it works fine, im not to sure what your problem is.. :/
|-) .. yhh did you solder all the points? and did you use the 1k resistor?

Offline Ben.

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 04:04:48 AM »
I did mine on the old style board, just email him on ebay.. i'm sure he will help you out.. :)

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 04:06:47 AM »
You have to solder everything except the yellow wire. If you dont solder the LED wire, you wont know what mode your in. And you have to solder pin 4.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline wilson08

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 09:39:47 AM »
okkk i have soldered everything but pin 2, as i have no resistor... IT Doesn't work  :sadno:

Can anyone help me? i have soldered everything perfect and have tried on 2 controllers now!

Offline Ben.

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 10:52:39 AM »
Ok, I'm not to sure what the problem is, but you cant tell what mode your on, as you haven't soldered to the LED.. :/ so you might not be changing modes.. but I'm sure that isn't your problem.

Offline wilson08

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 02:13:53 PM »
Ok, I'm not to sure what the problem is, but you cant tell what mode your on, as you haven't soldered to the LED.. :/ so you might not be changing modes.. but I'm sure that isn't your problem.
the controller wont turn on lol, when the chip is all soldered :S

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 05:18:29 PM »
Dumb question: Is the chip facing with the legs up, or legs down?
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline 40_ounce

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 06:39:48 PM »
Just what hazer said. Make sure that you solder the wires with the legs or "pins" face down. Also known as the crawling position I belive.
You don't have to conect the 2 pin But I would. Its easyer to know what mode you're in. When you get a chance go out and buy a resistor at your local shop.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 06:45:50 PM by 40_ounce »

Offline wilson08

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2009, 01:52:21 AM »
Legs up ... Am i doing it wrong?

Offline Ben.

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 02:08:30 AM »
The Legs Should Be Facing Down, And That Circle/notch at the top, so you have wired the wrong legs, correct me if I'm wrong, but you just need to flip the chip over and now solder all the wires to the legs...  :victory:

Offline wilson08

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2009, 05:11:42 AM »
All working now!
Yhh i had soldered the chip upside down, i thought it would be right that way because all the other chips i have bought like from the acidmods shop were all needed to be soldered "dead bug" way - plus the tutorial the guy gave me didn't actually say which way... But yhh all working!

thanks, ben, hazer, 40_ounce   :hifive: :D

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2009, 06:56:11 AM »
I hate dead bug style drawings.... it is so completely against any conventions in drawing electrical schematics that it should never be used as this is what happens.

the DIY community is smart enough to figure this out without dumming it down.  So if it doesnt explicitly state dead bug then it will most likely be normal as that is how you are supposed to draw a chip, any chip when it comes to schematics.

glad u got it working :tup:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal