Author Topic: How to program this code?  (Read 3716 times)

Offline themechanix777

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
How to program this code?
« on: April 28, 2009, 02:32:48 PM »
I recently bought a chip from Mad Dog Controllers, a really cool rapid fire chip. The chip uses a pot to adjust the speed. I was wondering how to go about coding this, if anyone knows or would like to help that would be great. I want to know for the learning experience. Here is the link to the MD Controllers website. Go to adjustable controllers, then the last one (Pot Adjustable Trigger Rapid Fire Kit) on that page is the one
I want to learn how to code. Thanks.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: How to program this code?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 04:36:06 AM »
you dont need to code for a pot adjustable rapid fire.. the whole point of using coded chis is so you can use predetermined rates of fire...if you want pot adjustable, use the 555 on radioshack parts, all parts around $15..look in the 360 rapid controller section.

Offline themechanix777

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 01:00:26 PM »
So how would I hook up the pot using the 555 timer? And also with that kit it has you hook up to an led, so that when the chip is on, the led blinks the current speed, and when off, the player 4 led is off. How would I do that?

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 02:11:10 PM »
in the tut we have discussed how to hook up an indicator light to show if its on or off. as far as it blinking, it does, but do you really think your eyes are going to determine that it is flashing 32 times per second (cod4)..no, it will just look like it is on solid.. the stock led's also blink somewhere around 40 pulses per second and they look on all the time.

it dont sound like you want to hear the 555 mod...LOL.. try and put the chip you have into a programmer and see if you can read it. if they wrote there own code, they probably know to protect it. but if they were just a hacker, they may have left the code unprotected. and you can just duplicate it.

Offline themechanix777

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 03:33:13 PM »
So is it possible to hook up a pot to a 555 timer to adjust the speed? All Im trying to do is create a rapid fire with the speed adjustable by the pot. I have chips I can program also.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3

Offline themechanix777

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 02:59:32 PM »
Thanks for that, but before I do that Im going to try and read code from the chip. But Im having trouble getting it to work. I have this programmer, connected to my pc with a usb to serial cable like this. But in WinPic800, I dont know how to get it to work with it, I seleced jdm programmer in the hardware settings, and it will read and write, but it always says detected unknown and I dont think it is actually reading and writing to the chip. (I tried once writing to a chip and after it was assembled it didnt work). If you know how I can configure WinPic800 to work with my setup it would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 06:36:44 AM »
 it sounds fine to just use an adapter, but in realitly it looses functionality when it is converted to usb. if you look at the sellers post (link provided) he tells you it wont work. that programer must be pluged int a serial port.

Offline sanshoshima

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 04:11:28 AM »
you dont need to code for a pot adjustable rapid fire.. the whole point of using coded chis is so you can use predetermined rates of fire...if you want pot adjustable, use the 555 on radioshack parts, all parts around $15..look in the 360 rapid controller section.

While you don't need  to code to get the pot adjust, the kit he is referring to is NOT a 555 timer mod.  It's got fewer components, is way easier to install and works better.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal