Author Topic: oh god the pain!  (Read 2269 times)

Offline Kilokk

• In your AM modding your forums
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
  • In the shadows of darkness I stand in the light.
oh god the pain!
« on: April 29, 2009, 01:05:32 AM »
I am learning the solo for Iron man (after knowing how to play the rest of it for almost 2 years) and I think it is giving me carpel tunnel (i have no idea if that is right >.<) my wrist is on fire T-T

Offline ~:Dhruv:~

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • [quote author=Reaper link=topic=30647.msg227184#ms
    • Infectech
Re: oh god the pain!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 07:34:38 AM »
its hard , very very hard , to play solos... Try playing bodom solos , they go right over the head....
  you look like a carrot.
My nickname at school is carrot cake, because i can't get tan. I get orange. and my face is shaped like a carrot. And i make a mean carrot cake.

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 11:33:00 AM »
Try playing bodom solos , they go right over the head....

kissing the shadows. yess they do.

you should also try bullet for my valentine solos. they have a few calmer ones but they have some pretty crazy ones out there

video it when you got it down

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Infectech
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 12:18:43 PM »
i'm sorry i've never heard bmfv. Btw maiden too go crazy with their solos. I have nailed a few of their easier solos albeit still at a little slower tempo. 
  you look like a carrot.
My nickname at school is carrot cake, because i can't get tan. I get orange. and my face is shaped like a carrot. And i make a mean carrot cake.

Offline ProperBritish

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Raining Blood! From A Lacerated Sky!
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 01:02:24 PM »
yay for bass guitar

Quote from: ≤Ʀαωгу≥
you know who i would bone? daffy duck

Offline ra1n

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • I'm not like other girls ^_^
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 01:11:26 PM »
i can't do solos... then again i don't play that much since i have to borrow my bro's  guitar but i can play still fly by tdwp and happy birthday =3

getting old is mandatory growing up is optional.

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 01:14:56 PM »
Bring the solo up 5 frets and onto the next string and it will be easier to play that the frets are closer,that is how I play it
Derp.

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 02:59:18 PM »
i'm sorry i've never heard bmfv.

bullet for my valentine........check em out

but yeah, thats how i usually learn stuff, play it slowly and speed up as i get better untill i can play it normal speed

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Infectech
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 08:30:55 PM »
thats what i'm doing these days , though i'm working on my own songs more
  you look like a carrot.

Offline Kilokk

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 10:17:59 PM »
yay for bass guitar

Thats what I play mostly but my SG was looking a little lonely so I decided what the hell ^_^

I plan on videoing the whole song, once I get a web cam... anyone know any good ones that are cheap?

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 01:26:48 AM »
would i be right in saying (incredibly judgmentally) that you never had any lessons at all and are one of those people that bought a guitar to play your favorite metal songs?

I apologies greatly if you have had lessons but if you havn't the main thing people overlook when they jump straight onto the tabbing websites is finger exercises, to get both your left and right hand fingers super strong and independent

Mark James Bass Lesson #1 Part 1

That lesson, although on bass is incredibly good for pretty much any string instrument, it's great for riffing, but for learning solo's it is also really good because you can adjust it to suite yourself and you build the speed up slowly.

Again sorry if that sounds judgmental or like i'm speaking down on you or anything

also check your strap length and posture

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Infectech
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 01:48:13 AM »
would i be right in saying (incredibly judgmentally) that you never had any lessons at all and are one of those people that bought a guitar to play your favorite metal songs?

I apologies greatly if you have had lessons but if you havn't the main thing people overlook when they jump straight onto the tabbing websites is finger exercises, to get both your left and right hand fingers super strong and independent

Mark James Bass Lesson #1 Part 1

That lesson, although on bass is incredibly good for pretty much any string instrument, it's great for riffing, but for learning solo's it is also really good because you can adjust it to suite yourself and you build the speed up slowly.

Again sorry if that sounds judgmental or like i'm speaking down on you or anything

also check your strap length and posture

Dunno about kilokk but personally speaking i did take classes when i started out but , stuff like that is way too expensive here in India n i couldnt afford it so i do finger exercises and play stuff on my own now...
  you look like a carrot.

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 06:06:27 AM »
wasn't aimed at you, cos your not complaining about cramps

basically all that pretentious jargon up there is saying it's probably a technique think in his case, or a strap

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Infectech
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 07:07:45 AM »
true enough, i've never had cramps or anything. So i'm pretty sure my techniques are not flawed. I either keep up the pace or i don't. Most of the times i prefer to keep the fingering accurate even if it is at the cost of lower speed. From experience , i know that speed comes with practice. Its just about developing the muscles...
Comments Timmy ?
  you look like a carrot.

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2009, 07:46:40 AM »
true enough, i've never had cramps or anything. So i'm pretty sure my techniques are not flawed. I either keep up the pace or i don't. Most of the times i prefer to keep the fingering accurate even if it is at the cost of lower speed. From experience , i know that speed comes with practice. Its just about developing the muscles...
Comments Timmy ?

fair enough for sure :)

that's what FreeK said he does, i do it too, it's words to play by :D

Offline Kilokk

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2009, 09:58:12 AM »
No one around here can teach guitar... I don't often use tabs unless I absolutely must, and I haven't played my :censored: in a while, thats why I had cramps >.<  lol got a guitar to play my favorite metal songs ^_^ I bought my guitar because my cousin needed a rhythm guitarist for his band.  Now that I play bass though I just play the guitar for fun ^_^ Iron man is a request from my dad XD

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal